Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Schuyler Ray of Goshen told Goshen police his wallet was stolen at a garage sale located at 125 S. Sixth St., Goshen. The incident occurred at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
• Gary Williams, 27, 4049 Tyler Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at 4024 Elkhart Road in Goshen at 2:58 p.m. Friday. He fled the scene in a black Chrysler and was later found at his residence. He was released on a memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• A Meijer loss prevention employee at 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a 14-year-old juvenile was in custody for theft. The juvenile was later found to be a runaway through the Elkhart Police Department and had provided a false name to police. The juvenile was released to the Elkhart police.
• Gary M. Hurst, 34, 19935 Meadow Ridge Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of driving while intoxicated and operating a vehicle with a suspended driver’s license at 11:30 a.m. Friday. He collided with a stop sign, a mailbox, a parked truck and a house in the 1600 block of Westmoor Parkway in Goshen. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Robert Geil, 41, 1401 S. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop in the 1400 block of S. Ninth Street at 8:08 p.m. Friday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Nathaniel Escobedo, 23, 1718 Barley Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated during a traffic stop at 10th and Madison streets in Goshen at 2:02 a.m. Saturday. He was booked into the county jail.
• Goshen police stopped an Acura for traffic violation in the 800 block of West Lincoln Avenue in Goshen at 2:55 a.m. Saturday. The driver of the vehicle was found to be 15-years-old and had never received a valid driver’s license, police reported. The other four passengers were reportedly found to be illegally consuming alcoholic beverages. Three of the passengers were juveniles and were released to the custody of their parents. A fourth person, Aracelia Marin, 18, 16021 Prairie Rose Ave., Goshen, was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.