Robert Elsworth II, 26, Middlebury, was walking on the side of the road on Ind. 120, east of C.R. 35 near Bristol at 10:58 p.m. Thursday. According to Elkhart County police, an unknown vehicle crossed the white fog line and struck Elsworth, then fled from the scene westbound on Ind. 120. Elsworth was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of lower leg pain.
The incident remains under investigation.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Mary Wert, 1332 Waterford Crossing Circle, Goshen, reported a theft of money from her residence to Goshen police. The incident occurred at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
• Denis Ewing, 1013 S. Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his mo-ped at 4 a.m. Thursday and later advised police he located the mo-ped.
• Charles Roberts, 106 S. Seventh St., Goshen, reported his 2011 scooter was stolen from outside his residence to Goshen police at 10 p.m. Wednesday.
• Myran McKnight, 19, 1918 Stevens Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 4:09 p.m. Thursday. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• An employee of Redskin Express, 624 Lincolnway East, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone driving off without paying for gasoline at 5:56 p.m. Thursday.
• Roy Edwards-Sisco, 39, Michigan, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 3:13 p.m. Thursday. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
• Stephanie Higgins of Elkhart, reported her wallet was stolen from Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, to Goshen police. The incident occurred at 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Employees at First Quality Cleaners & Laundry, 118 E. Clinton St., Goshen, reported criminal mischief to Goshen police at 10:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• Goshen Parks and Recreation employees told Goshen police people were sleeping overnight at Rogers park, 102 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 7:50 a.m. Thursday. The people were advised they could not sleep there anymore.