THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A 22 year old white male from Warsaw died Wednesday afternoon at Lutheran Hospital where he had been flown from an early morning crash near Warsaw.
The deceased, Michael Keener, was involved in an accident at approximately 5:20 a.m. on North 150 West near West 300 North in Kosciusko County. Cause of death has been listed as blunt force trauma. The incident remains under investigation by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
• An Elkhart man and a Mishawaka man were injured in a three-vehicle collision at 4:44 p.m. Wednesday near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, Daniel Matthews, 19, Elkhart, was driving his vehicle east on U.S. 33, just west of C.R. 1, when Matthews reportedly feel asleep at the wheel, causing his vehicle to veer left of the roadway’s center line and sideswipe a second vehicle heading west on U.S. 33. Matthews’ vehicle then reportedly continued veering left of center, colliding with a third vehicle heading west on U.S. 33 nearly head on. All vehicles sustained heavy damage from the incident. Matthews was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of elbow pain and lacerations to the face, arms and legs. The driver of the third vehicle, Brock Burden, 28, Mishawaka, was also transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of a broken leg, lacerations and back pain. The driver of the second vehicle, Charles Hall, 56, Goshen, was uninjured. Matthews was cited fro driving left of center.
• Natasha M. Tucker, 918 Wilson Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her bicycle while parked at her residence at approximately 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Mark Wagner, manager of Chicago Marathon, 22013 Ind. 120, Bristol, filed a report with Elkhart County police Tuesday indicating someone stole $100.12 from the gas station on April 29 by cashing a payroll check that had already been cashed on the internet.
• Robert Hashberger, owner of J & J Lawn & Service, 19976 C.R. 6, Bristol, filed a report with Elkhart County police Wednesday indicating someone damaged property at the business and stole a riding lawn mower at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Gail Shetler, 506 Revere Drive, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police Wednesday indicating someone ripped up her flower beds and destroyed a mesh netting used as a cover at approximately 11 p.m. Tuesday.
• Gabrielle Tonk, 401 Constitution Ave., Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police Wednesday indicating someone overturned wooden playground equipment on her property at approximately 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Renee L. Nusbaum, 1208 Prarie Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged lawn and garden plants at her residence at approximately 7 a.m. Wednesday.
• Janell D. Ritchie, 36, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:42 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Pike and Second streets on a charge of possession of marijuana. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Nicholas Cabanaw, 23, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:54 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Jackson and Market streets, Nappanee, on charges of illegal possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.