An Elkhart teen is listed in fair condition in a Michigan hospital after a wreck Saturday afternoon, according to hospital officials.
Mark Rich, 14, was flown to Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich., with a possible head injury after a two-vehicle crash at 12:50 p.m. at U.S. 33 and Sunnyside Avenue in Elkhart.
According to Elkhart County police, a 2010 Mini Cooper and 2005 Chevy Avalanche crashed into each other, caving in the passenger side of the Mini Cooper, where Mark Rich was sitting.
Darlene Eichelberger, 41, Goshen, was driving the Mini Cooper with a rear passenger in back, Benjamin Eichelberger, 13. They were treated and released at Elkhart General Hospital, according to hospital officials.
The driver of the Avalanche was Barbara White, 44, Bristol transported to Elkhart General Hospital and listed in good condition, according to hospital officials.
The crash remains under investigation.
• Jenna Rusmisel of Avilla told Goshen police her wallet was stolen Friday at 8 p.m. in the 100 block of Kousa Court, Goshen.
• A neighbor in the 100 block of S. Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police Saturday her neighbors window had been broken and police found that several items were taken from the residence.
Battery reports and arrests
• James Hamilton, 55, and Debra Jefferies, 44, both of 110 S. Seventh St., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor at 1 a.m. Sunday. They were incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Franciso G. Mendoza, 22, 372 Johnston St. Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop in the 100 block of S. Main St., Goshen. The incident occurred at 4:29 p.m. Saturday and he was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Jose M. Jimenez-Padilla, 26, 723 W. Carlton Ave., Elkhart, was stopped at Elkhart Road and High Street for failure to signal a turn prior to 200 feet. He was arrested by Goshen police on charges of driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence at 2:26 a.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Jose A. Romo, 31, Arbor Lakes Apt. C, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of operating while intoxicated and never obtaining a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop in the 2700 block of W. Wilden Ave., Goshen. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.