Elkhart County Sheriff’s officers began an investigation after the body of a 21-year-old Elkhart man was found dead at his home Monday night.
Police said the body of Jesse L. Bowen, 21, was found at 56649 Best Ave. at 10:48 p.m. Monday. Police called the death suspicious and said an autopsy was scheduled to help determine the cause of death.
The investigation was continuing.
Goshen man arrested for using invalid S.S. number
Goshen police reported the arrest of Juan Garcia-Rodriguez, 34, 2611 S. Main St., Goshen, at Recreation by Design, 21746 Buckingham Road, Elkhart, on charges of working under an invalid Social Security number and on the authority of an Elkhart County warrant.
• Goshen police were called at 6:15 p.m. Sunday to Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, after an assistant manager said two Dyson sweepers were stolen that evening. Suspects placed the sweepers in a shopping cart and left the store without paying for them, police were told.
• The assistant manager at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, reported the theft of alcohol to city police Sunday. The Walmart official said a suspect concealed a bottle of alcohol and left the store without paying for it at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• According to a Goshen police report, Franklin Creech, 41, 313 E. Lincoln Ave., reported Monday that a yard swing was stolen from his property earlier that day.
• Goshen police received a report from Cathie Miller, 907 Georgia Road, at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when she reported that someone charged $21,000 on her credit card without her authority. A case report was made by city police.
• Goshen police were called to Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, at 8:43 p.m. Tuesday and arrested three people for shoplifting. Police cited Daniel L. Runion, 19, and David Anglemyer, 18, on charges of criminal conversion and released them. Jonathon McGowen, 18, 702 S. Eighth St., was arrested on a charge of theft and was booked at the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Kerry Wilson, 61, 30312 Old U.S. 20, Elkhart, reported on Tuesday that someone stole a Lawnboy lawnmower and a Sears leafraker from his shed. Mail and a newspaper were also found in the shed.
• Goshen police received a report from a resident of the 1000 block of Lantern Lane at 12:01 a.m. Sunday that several mailboxes had been opened and mail thrown on the ground. Police gathered the mail and returned it to the appropriate boxes. There were no reports of theft of mail.
• Goshen police were called to the home of Amy Stutzman, 1803 April Lane, early Tuesday morning after she discovered a window broken in the passenger side of her car. Police made a criminal mischief report.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, a vehicle driven by Bobbie Christner, 39, 52791 New York Drive, No. 47, Middlebury, was stopped at C.R. 15 and Old U.S. 20 at 12:55 a.m. Sunday for a traffic violation. She was arrested on charges possession of methamphetamine and possession of the precursors for making the drug. There was also a valid warrant for her arrest, police said. A passenger in the car, William Madden, 45, same address, was arrested on charges of false informing and resisting law enforcement. Both were placed in the county jail.
• According to a Goshen police report, Charly Ruvalcaba, 19, 302 Silverwood, apt. A, was stopped while driving at Clinton and Remington at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. The driver was cited for driving while never receiving a license and released.
• According to a sheriff’s report, a vehicle driven by Ryan T. Strong, 28, 56750 Ramblewood Lane, Elkhart, was stopped at C.R. 9 and Woodlawn Avenue at 12:06 a.m. Sunday for a traffic violation. The driver was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked at the county jail.
• According to Goshen police, John Hill, 44, 16868 U.S. 20, Goshen, was stopped at Main Street and Wilden Avenue at 8:45 p.m. Sunday. He was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and driving after his license was suspended for life. He was placed in the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Andrew Varga, 40, 4431 Irish Hills Drive, South Bend, was stopped at C.R. 46, west of C.R. 117, near New Paris, at 6 p.m. Saturday for driving left of the centerline. The driver was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of hypodermic needles. He was incarcerated in the county jail.
• Goshen police reported that Brandy Metz, 34, 18120 C.R. 42, Goshen, was stopped at Eighth and Jackson streets at 5 p.m. Monday. The driver was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked at the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Craig Steven Green Jr., 22, 26135 Leland Road, Elkhart, was stopped at U.S. 33 and C.R. 13 at 4:07 p.m. Tuesday. He reportedly failed a blood-alcohol test and was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated as a Class D felony and for driving while his license is suspended. He was booked at the county jail.