• Gilbert Reed, 223023 C.R. 54, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police that someone stole his homemade log splitter from his residence between 3 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Elkhart County police said a 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old boy fought at Northridge High School in Middlebury shortly before noon Tuesday. Both suffered minor injuries from being punched.
• A 27-year-old man told Elkhart County police he’d been punched multiple times by an 11-year-old juvenile at Bashor Alternative School, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, shortly before 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. The youth also threatened to bring a gun to school, shoot people and then burn the school, according to the police report.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Ashley Yoder, Syracuse, told Goshen police someone poured sugar into the gas tank of her vehicle while it was parked in the 200 block of West High Park Avenue, Goshen, at 3 a.m. Wednesday.
• Jonathan Lehman, 924 S. Seventh St., told Goshen police Tuesday that he heard an “overpressure device” explode, and then found the device.
Police arrested the following motorists on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Alleyn K. Davis, 18279 Northrop Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 8:38 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Third and Pike streets. In addition to the OWI, Davis was arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of a personal injury crash. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Brooks Mesko, 29, 23335 Adams Road, South Bend, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 11:31 p.m. on C.R. 17 at U.S. 20. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.