THE GOSHEN NEWS
An Elkhart motorcyclist was critically injured in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday night south of Goshen.
The crash occurred at 9:35 p.m. at Ind. 15 and C.R. 42. Elkhart County police said a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 truck driven by Spencer Erb, 22, New Paris, was headed west on C.R. 42. Police said Erb turned left onto Ind. 15 and into the path of Thomas E. Frost, 45, Elkhart, who was headed north on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle. The vehicles collided.
Frost suffered leg fractures and a head injury in the crash. He was airlifted by Samaritan air ambulance to Parkview North Hospital, Fort Wayne. He was listed in critical condition Wednesday.
Erb was unhurt in the collision.
• Danae Emanuel, 2512 W. Clinton St., reported the theft of items from her residence to Goshen police Tuesday.
• Joshua J. Kelley, 611 W. Wilden Ave. Apt. B, told Goshen police Tuesday that someone entered his home without his permission.
• Kisha Hughes of Goshen told Goshen police Tuesday that her cellular phone was stolen while she was shopping at Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave.
• Karen Bartow of Goshen told Elkhart County police Saturday that someone stole her Apple iPhone at Ox Bow Park, 23427 C.R. 45. The theft occurred between 11 and 11:15 a.m. that day.
• Dianna L. Patten, 31, 51075 C.R. 29, Bristol, was taken into custody after a traffic stop around 12:40 p.m. Tuesday at Lincolnway East and Keystone Drive. She was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine precursors and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Michael A. Hoskins, 38,812 S. 11th St., was arrested at home by Goshen police Tuesday on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor and interfering with the reporting of a crime. The incident took place around 4 p.m., according to the police report. Hoskins was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Melissa Spires of Bristol told Elkhart County police Monday that her 11-year-old son was punched by a 13-year-old boy, suffering a black eye and bump on his head.
• Jeremy Whilhite, 53256 Palmetto Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police that someone spray-painted the front of his shed between 11 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday. Police subsequently discovered that seven residences in the area of Palmetto Drive and Pine Cone Drive had been spray-painted. Victims included Stefanie Sigman, 53211 Palmetto Drive, who told police someone spray-painted the side of her house.
Dennis G. Felch, 45, 708 E. Reynolds St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Sunday in the 300 block of East Washington Street. Police said he was arrested after he was found around 10 a.m. at a location he’d been previously advised to avoid. Felch was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
It was reported to Elkhart County police Monday that a student at Northridge Middle School, 566691 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, has been repeatedly defiant toward staff and harassing other students since the school year started in August.
The following motorists were arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Michael J. Contreras, 21, 1101 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after he was allegedly involved in a vehicle crash around 12:43 a.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of South 15th Street.
• Laura Sailor, 45, 54062 East View Drive, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 11:20 p.m. in the area of Bristol and Johnson streets, Elkhart.