THE GOSHEN NEWS
An Elkhart man broke his leg in a Friday evening crash on North Shore Drive, east of Bell Avenue, one mile north of Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police.
According to police a 1994 Harley Davidson Sportster driven by Michael Colcord of Elkhart, was traveling east on North Shore Drive when he went left of center and struck a westbound Lincoln MKS driven by Shaylor King of Elkhart.
Colcord was transported to South Bend Memorial Hospital with a broken leg. Police said no citations were issued but the investigation is ongoing.
• Jeremy Jekiel, 26, Goshen, was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with minor injuries when he lost control of the mo-ped he was riding northwest in the 1800 block of Lincolnway East Friday around 1:08 p.m.
• Sharon Guthrie told Goshen police that someone took several pills from her prescription medications along with other pills that were in her vehicle at 1022 W. Lincoln Ave. sometime on Thursday.
• Debra Hart reported a theft from her vehicle to Goshen police Friday during the overnight hours of Thursday outside 410 Westfield Ave., Goshen.
• Maria Paz told Goshen police Friday that the license plate on her vehicle was stolen Sunday.
• Peter Pinkley, 38, 4410 Hickory Rd. Apt. 2A, Mishawaka, was arrested near C.R. 15 and C.R. 45 Friday around 4:26 p.m. on a charge of felony theft from Meijer, located at 4522 Elkhart Road. Pinkley was transported to Elkhart County jail.
• Robert J. Gaff told Goshen police that someone broke into his vehicle parked in the 400 block south Seventh Street Friday around 5 p.m. and stole loose change.
• Shortly before 8 a.m. Friday, officers were called to a home in the 400 block of East Jefferson Street after a girl told her mom that near her bus stop, a man who appeared to be in possession of a knife was standing on his own property, making derogatory comments that the girl felt threatened by.
Police talked to the man at his home and the man denied threating the girl. Police told the man to refrain from engaging or commenting to the neighborhood children. There was no knife on the suspect when officers spoke with him.
• A 13-year-old juvenile male told Goshen police he was battered by a juvenile female Friday around 7:50 a.m. at Goshen Middle School, located at 1216 S. Indiana Ave.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Kimberly M. Devincent told Goshen police that in the overnight hours of Thursday her vehicle was vandalized in the 500 block of Summer Street in Goshen.