A Cromwell driver suffered head injuries in a one-vehicle crash Friday north of Syracuse.
The collision occurred around 10:30 p.m. on C.R. 29, north of C.R. 52. Elkhart County police said A 2004 Honda two-door driven by Alyssa R. Gortney, 24, Cromwell, went off the west side of the road and struck a tree.
Gortney told police she fell asleep while driving. She was transported to a hospital for treatment.
• A driver was hurt in a one-vehicle crash near Benton Saturday morning.
The mishap occurred around 8:23 a.m. on C.R. 44, east of C.R. 33. Elkhart County police said Tod W. Debolt, 45, Millersburg, was driving west in a 1994 Jeep Wrangler. A piece of the steering wheel came off, and when Debolt went to tend to the piece the Jeep went off the north side of C.R. 44 and struck a utility pole. After striking the pole, the vehicle rolled onto its top.
Debolt suffered shoulder pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• A two-vehicle collision injured a passenger two miles north of Nappanee Friday night.
The crash occurred at Ind. 19 and C.R. 46 around 7:11 p.m. Elkhart County police said a 2004 Ford Explorer driven by Max Trivett, 20, Goshen, collided with the rear of a 2013 Lexus ES350 driven by Bart Bemiller, 50, Wakarusa.
A passenger in the Lexus, Keri Bemiller, 42, Wakarusa, suffered head pain as a result of the crash and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital.
Police said Trivett was cited for making an unsafe start.
• Rose Medina of Goshen told city police Friday that someone was using her Social Security number.
• Marilyn England of Warsaw told Goshen police Friday that someone stole her Dewalt power tool from her workplace at Dutchman RV, Areo plant, 2015 E. Kercher Road.
Goshen police arrested Michael Long, 49, 801 Benham Ave., Elkhart, on a charge of criminal trespass Friday afternoon at the Goshen Best Western hotel, 900 Lincolnway East. Long was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Neighborhood Watch personnel told Goshen police Friday that someone spray-painted graffiti on the side of a building in the 200 block of Cross Street.
• A 13-year-old boy told Goshen police someone damaged the tires on his bicycle while it was parked in a bike rack at Goshen Middle School.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Gerardo Ponce-Gomez, 50, 512 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:16 a.m. Saturday in the area of North Main and Middlebury streets. In addition to the OWI, he was also arrested on a charge of being a habitual traffic violator.
• Christopher Horst, 30, 741 Steury Ave., was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 6 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Eighth Street.