THE GOSHEN NEWS
An Elkhart County officer was injured in a single-vehicle crash at C.R. 17, north C.R. 20. The crash occurred at 1:12 a.m. Monday. Ptl Donald Bader Jr., 45, Elkhart was driving a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria patrol car when a deer ran out into the roadway, stopped at the barrier wall, turned around and then ran directly in front of Bader. The front right corner of the patrol car struck the deer. Bader was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with a complaint of pain in his left wrist and right shoulder.
A motorcyclist was injured while avoiding an animal at Willard Road, west of C.R. 5 in Elkhart. The crash occurred at 6:11 p.m. Sunday. Elkhart County police said a 1977 Harley Davidson FXS driven by James McGinnis, 52, Elkhart attempted to avoid hitting a cat and lost control of his motorcycle. He was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for right arm and head pain. No citations were issued.
Two hurt in wreck
Two people were injured in a two-car collision at 8240 W. Ind. 120 in LaGrange County. The crash occurred at 6:40 p.m. Monday. LaGrange County police said a 1998 Ford truck driven by James Bricker, 62, Union, Mich., crested a hill and saw a truck with a livestock trailer stopped and attempting to turn into a driveway. The brakes locked up on Bricker’s vehicle and caused it to lose control, do a 180 degree turn and collide with a 1999 Buick Lasabre driven by Nora Kiefer, 49, Bremen. She complained of neck and shoulder pain. A passenger, Aida Stewart, 51, Bremen, complained of neck pain.
Man exposes himself to group of Amish women
A group of Amish females were leaving a store in the rural Shipshewana area Saturday when a man expose himself to them. According to LaGrange County police, when they walked by a small white car with a male occupant, he got out and lowered his shorts exposing himself to the group of females. The male got back in the vehicle and left the scene prior to the police being called. The caller advised police that this has been an ongoing issue in the rural Shipshewana area, targeting Amish females. Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the LaGrange County police at 260-463-7491.
Leaving the scene reports
• Jose Garces told Elkhart County police he was traveling south on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 26 in Goshen, when he was side swiped by a gray van. Garces told police the van failed to stop after the collision and continued southbound on Ind. 15 at 2:45 p.m. Monday.
Found item reports
• Doris Keim, Goshen, told Goshen police she found a wallet at the corner of Sixteenth Street and Fairfield Avenue in Goshen at 12:36 p.m. Sunday. Police said the owner of the wallet was not able to be located.
• Jared and Stacey Borkholder, 15910 Isaac Drive, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry to a rear door at the residence and stole prescription medications between 7:15 and 11:53 p.m. Saturday.
• Melinda Wallace, 69271 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone stole her son’s mo—ped between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. Friday.
• Sherman Jacobs, 60307 Fenmore Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole his cell phone from his residence after 10 p.m. Thursday.
• Keith Boyle told Elkhart County police someone stole his 1981 Suzuki three-wheeler from 12330 C.R. 39, Middlebury, between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday.
• A loss prevention officer for Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, reported a theft to Goshen police at midnight June 18.
• A loss prevention employee at Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police two people stole merchandise at midnight Friday and fled the store. Police said video was obtained about the incident.