Driver seriously hurt in crash
A driver was airlifted to a hospital Friday after a single-vehicle crash at C.R. 700 South, east of 1100 West near Topeka.
The crash occurred at 8:35 a.m. LaGrange County police said a F350 Ford driven by Katie Bussard, 27, White Pigeon, Mich., was traveling at a high rate of speed. The vehicle went off the road and hit a tree stump and a fence.
Police said Bussard was removed from the vehicle by passersby. Bussard was airlifted to Parkview Memorial Hospital in Fort Wayne, where she was listed in serious condition Friday.
• Katie Knight, 402 S. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole an orange and black BMX 16-inch bike from her porch during the evening hours Wednesday.
• Terry Smith, 1016 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole six solar lights and one solar insect light from the front of his residence June 15.
• Betty J. Smith, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police she lost her wallet or someone stole her wallet Tuesday.
• Elena Cortez-Delgado, 41, 59657 Glenmore Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 1 p.m. Thursday. She was later released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Wayne Price, 1420 Wilson Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his yard at approximately Thursday.
• Chelsea Hoel, 310 Roxbury Park, Goshen, told Goshen police Wednesday that someone egged her house during the overnight hours.
• The property manager at 1375 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the building with spray paint Monday.
• Jaslyn Taylor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle and her North Main Street home June 12.
• Susan Juarez, 714 S. Eleventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone poured sugar into her vehicle’s fuel tank. She told police she noticed this when arriving to a gas station to fill the tank at 12:17 a.m. Friday.
• Jennifer Rowdabaugh, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made fraudulent charges on her bank account May 20.
• Lavere Rouch, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police Wednesday someone opened a line of credit in his name and made a purchase July 20, 2012.
• Terry A. Stidham, 19, Millersburg, was involved in a crash at the intersection of Kercher Road and Firethorn Drive in Goshen at 2:47 p.m. Wednesday. After the collision, the driver of the other vehicle, a maroon mini-van, left the scene without exchanging information or waiting for police to arrive. Stidham had minor abrasions to his arms from his airbags deploying and declined medical treatment, Goshen police said.
• Rosanna Burkholder told Elkhart County police Tuesday she found a green plastic bottle with a straw in it believed to be used in the manufacturing of methamphetamine. The bottle was found in the ditch alongside C.R. 100, north of U.S. 6 on the east side of the road. The Indiana State Police Meth Suppression Section was called to assist in the investigation.