The Syracuse police was in a vehicle pursuit with a stolen 1994 Dodge Intrepid, which entered Elkhart County.
The vehicle was abandoned by the driver at Ind. 13 and C.R. 148 at 12:16 a.m. Thursday.
According to Elkhart County police, the driver, Chase Terry, 21, 13474 North East Shore Drive, Syracuse, was later located and incarcerated at the Kosciusko County jail by the Syracuse Police Department. During the investigation it was found that the vehicle had been stolen out of Goshen.
• Goshen police found a vehicle had been broken into in the 600 block South Seventh Street at 1:17 a.m. Thursday. The owner of the vehicle could not be located, police said.
• Wayne Beachy, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made three unauthorized withdrawals during the last three months from his bank account beginning April 9. Each withdrawal was $39.95.
• An motorist was arrested by Goshen police and taken to the Elkhart County jail after a traffic stop at Elkhart and Greene roads in Goshen at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday. The driver identified himself as someone who already reported an identity theft in the state of Texas, police said. The motorist was charged with identity theft, refusing to identify himself, forgery and application fraud. No bond was set and federal authorities were contacted, police said.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Zach Farmwald, 301 W. Pike St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his driver side mirror at 7:58 p.m. Wednesday.
• Janice Caton, 410 E. Jackson St., Goshen, told Goshen police she heard glass breaking outside her residence at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. She went to her vehicle and noticed someone had broken out a side window to her vehicle.