THE GOSHEN NEWS
Several vehicle collisions have been investigated by Goshen-area police agencies in the past few days. These incidents include:
• A Goshen woman was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 3:05 p.m. Sunday near Goshen. According to Elkhart County police, Maddison Hite, 18, Syracuse, was driving her vehicle west on C.R. 52 attempting to turn south at C.R. 29. A second vehicle, driven by Larry Swank, 34, Granger, was traveling north on C.R. 29 at C.R. 52. Hite reportedly turned in front of Swank’s vehicle and failed to yield the right of way, resulting in a collision.
A passenger in Hite’s vehicle, Alexis Turner, 18, Goshen, was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of pain to her right leg. Neither Hite nor Swank were injured in the crash. Hite was cited for failure to yield right of way at an intersection.
• A Howe woman was injured in a two-vehicle collision Saturday on U.S. 20, near C.R. 850 West, in LaGrange County. According to LaGrange County police, Katie Reiling, 59, Howe, was stopped facing west on U.S. 20 waiting for traffic to clear to make a left turn. A second vehicle, driven by Danielle Pratt, 20, Goshen, was also facing westbound on U.S. 20 behind Reiling’s vehicle. Pratt reportedly failed to yield and collided with the rear of Reiling’s vehicle. Reiling was transported to Parkview LaGrange Hospital for a complaint of pain. Pratt was uninjured.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a Michigan driver Monday at the intersection of College Avenue and 15th Street.
The collision occurred around 2:44 p.m. Goshen police said a 1998 Toyota 4Runner driven by Dave Demeester, 55, Buchanan, Mich., was struck from behind by a black Cadillac Escalade. The driver of the Escalade left the scene before police arrived.
Demeester suffered back pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• Two people were hurt in a two-vehicle collision Tuesday on U.S. 33 near Egbert Avenue.
The crash occurred at 11:48 a.m. Goshen police said a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS driven by Lowell G. Bontrager, 18, Middlebury, struck the rear of a 2001 Jeep Wrangler driven by Joanne Uplinger, 62, Goshen.
Uplinger suffered neck pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. Bontrager had a wrist abrasion.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a motorcyclist Friday at U.S. 33 and Gateway Drive near the Taco Time eatery.
The collision occurred just before 3 p.m. Goshen police said a 2010 Yamaha motorcyle ridden by Matthew C. Ridenour, 23, Goshen, collided with a 2012 Dodge Avenger driven by Halyley Gard, 27, Toledo, Ohio.
Ridenour suffered arm bleeding as a result of the crash.
• A bicyclist was injured in a crash around 6 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of Goshen’s West Pike Street.
Goshen police reported that Gustavo Cuatepotzo Avila, 18, Goshen, was bicycling and collided with the side of a 2006 Ford F150 pickup truck driven by William D. Greenawalt, 58, Goshen, that was turning in to a private drive.
Avila suffered arm pain as a result of the crash but refused medical treatment at the scene.
• Thomas Stump, Goshen, told Goshen police a tool box and plants were stolen from his business, 2218 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, at around noon Sunday.
• Officials at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police that someone removed artwork from a school display at approximately 3:20 p.m. April 24.
• Daniel Bontrager, 12270 Ind. 120, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police his home was burglarized at 8 p.m. Thursday resulting in the loss of 13 power tools.
• Marcus Plumber told Elkhart County police his mo-ped was stolen while parked at the Elkhart County Community Corrections Facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, between 3 p.m. Friday and 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Sarah Holmes, 66031 C.R. 11, Goshen, told Elkhart County police several fraudulent charges were made using her debit card at approximately noon Friday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Caroline Conklin, 53457 C.R. 39, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone broke solar lights and flowers in her yard sometime between 10 p.m. Saturday and 6:15 a.m. Sunday.
• A 32-year-old Goshen woman told Goshen police an adult male patient at Oaklawn Lakeview House, 209 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, punched her multiple times while performing her duties as an Oaklawn employee at 5:20 p.m. Monday.
• David Rivera, 27, 266 Roxbury Park, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:54 p.m. Sunday in the 1800 block of West Lincoln Avenue on charges of driving a motor vehicle while his driver’s license was suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. He was booked into the county jail.
• Elkhart County police reported finding a 20-year-old male inmate of the Elkhart County Community Correctional Facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, to be in possession of a green leafy substance believed to be synthetic marijuana. Charges against the 20-year-old inmate are pending lab results.
• Seven adults and six juveniles were arrested by Elkhart County police at 12:11 a.m. Sunday at 22310 Forysthia Drive, Goshen, on charges connected to an underage drinking party. Zach Buss, 18, Tim Houston, 18, Manilo Morales, 18, Dillon Ramirez, 18, Leo Deoballe, 18, and Mitchell Bope, 18, were all cited for illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage. Tyler Rogers, 19, was cited for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages. All seven adults were then released at the scene on memorandums to appear in court. Six juveniles were also reportedly found to have consumed alcoholic beverages at the party, police said. They were referred to juvenile court and released to their parents.
• Maria V. Salazar, 21, 419 N. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:58 a.m. Saturday on C.R. 26, just west of C.R. 13, Elkhart, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked into the county jail. A passenger in Salazar’s vehicle, Eleazar Cardona, 19, was also found to have consumed alcoholic beverages as a minor. He was cited and released at the scene.
• Kory Nicodemus, 27, 9883 N. Lincoln Road, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 4:01 p.m. Monday in the 2000 block of Lincolnway East on charges of possession of marijuana and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.
• Francisco Mendoza, 21, 903 Player Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 8:33 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Bashor and Elkhart roads on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.