• James LeMarr, Millersburg, told Goshen police his wallet was stolen while he was at Dutchmen, 2021 E. Kercher Road, Goshen, at 11:15 a.m. Friday.
• Goshen police received a report of property having been stolen from the lot of FLJ Transport, 2200 Caragana Ct., Goshen, at 8:18 p.m. Friday.
• Goshen officers were dispatched to the 3000 block of College Avenue at 10:55 p.m. Friday in reference to a theft in progress. The caller advised a red pickup truck was attempting to take items from the side of the road. Upon arrival, officers found street signs laying on the ground and near the intersection of C.R. 36 and C.R. 31 with the metal bases removed.
• Alexandra Gumm, Goshen, told Goshen police several items were taken from her unlocked vehicle between 4 p.m. Thursday and 11 p.m. Friday while parked at 1001 S. Seventh St., Goshen.
• William Hensley, 112 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police his moped was stolen from outside his apartment at approximately 12:45 a.m. Saturday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Jose Barajas, 1302 S. 11th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the trampoline in his front yard at 6 a.m. Friday.
• Marcos M. Martinez, 23, 301 1/2 S. 10th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:50 p.m. Friday at the intersection of C.R. 45 and C.R. 17 on a charge of driving while a habitual traffic offender. He was booked into the county jail.
• Goshen police arrested a 17-year-old male on a charge of possession of synthetic marijuana during a traffic stop in the 100 block of South Second Street, Goshen, at 8:12 p.m. Friday.
- Police News
- 2 Elkhart County work release escapees reported Two Goshen men have been listed as escapees from the Elkhart County Work Release Center in Goshen.Elkhart County police reported Tuesday that John A. Eller, 48, was reported as an escapee at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Thomas M. Moser, 35, was reported as an
- Two drivers injured in crash A collision Monday injured two drivers in Goshen, according to Goshen police.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
- More Police News Headlines