Two drivers received minor injuries in a two-vehicle collision at U.S. 20 at C.R. 27 Friday. The crash occurred at 4:30 a.m. Elkhart County police said a 2012 Chevrolet Aveo driven by Nathan Hooley, 27, Elkhart, failed to yield the right of way to the 1995 Toyota Camry driven by Stephen Yoder, 18, Cromwell. The impact caused Yoder’s vehicle to enter the ditch and he complained of a laceration to the forehead. Hooley complained of pain to his right wrist.
Elkhart man sentenced in federal court
Harry Kiste, 55, Elkhart, was sentenced in Federal Court in South Bend to five years supervised probation, 10 months location monitoring on home detention and a $500 fine after pleading guilty to the felony offense of failing to register as a sex offender.
• Jonathan Abney, 13940 Ind. 120, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole a door and metal flashing from an unsecured residence under construction at 7 p.m. Monday.
• Patricia D. Smith, 1401 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a mo-ped at 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
• Shawn Bailey, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole items from her purse while at work at 618 Lincoln Ave., Goshen, at 4 p.m. Thursday.
• A Goshen 15-year-old juvenile male was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 4:55 p.m. Thursday. Police said the male was observed by loss prevention personnel attempting to leave the store without paying for merchandise.
• Matthew Hart, 213 1/2 Crescent St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a 37-inch television with approximately 100 VHS movies from the porch within the past three weeks.
• Carl Harris Jr., Illinois, told Goshen police someone stole his luggage and clothes from the Target parking lot, 3938 Midway Road, Goshen, at 10:24 p.m. Thursday.
• An employee at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police of being battered by a 15-year-old resident at 6:55 p.m. Wednesday.
• An IU Health Goshen Hospital security employee told Goshen police of being threatened at 2:44 p.m. Thursday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen Parks Department employee told Goshen police a concrete wall in the 200 block of W. Washington St., Goshen, was spray painted sometime June 20.
• Omar Riehl, Goshen, told Goshen police someone scratched his 2007 Dodge pickup while it was parked in the 1000 block of S. Sixteenth St., Goshen at 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
• Roy G. Fissgus, 922 S. Sixteenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone struck the mailbox at his residence and left the scene at 2:06 p.m. Thursday.
• An employee of Kelly Jaes, 111 Washington St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized the store building at 8 a.m. June 21.
Resisting law enforcement arrests
• Goshen police were in the area of 900 S. Tenth St., Goshen, in reference to a suspicious person at 2:13 a.m. Friday. A 14-year-old juvenile male fled from police but was caught and arrested. Police said the juvenile was taken home and released to his parents.
• Keith Battice, 25, 108 1/2 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police for an outstanding Goshen City Warrant and on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia near Third and Pike streets at 11:49 a.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Roger McCormick, 47, 1836 College Manor Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop in the 600 block of College Ave., Goshen at 7:04 p.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.