THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen man woke up to a burglary in progress at his home around 5:20 Wednesday morning, city police reported.
A resident in the 500 block of River Avenue told police someone entered his home through a downstairs window while he was asleep. He thought he heard something and went to look.
Police reported that it was dark in the home, but the resident saw two intruders. However, he couldn’t provide a description of either because they shined a flashlight in his direction before fleeing the home.
The intruders left without taking anything, according to police.
• Michael Weadick, 20897 C.R. 18, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone broke into his detached garage and stole his 2012 Polaris all-terrain vehicle. The break-in and theft occurred between 10 p.m. Sunday and 5 a.m. Monday.
• Roger K. Sellers, 59340 C.R. 21, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone broke into his residence and stole several items including electronics, jewelry and a handgun. The burglary occurred between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jason Randall told Elkhart County police that between midnight and 3 p.m. Monday, someone broke into his shed at 22 Maple St., Bristol, and stole a miter saw.
• Chad Bitting told Elkhart County police someone broke into the residence at 63891 C.R. 15, Goshen, between 5:20 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday.
• Sharon Straw of Elkhart told Goshen police someone stole a pocketbook from her car Sunday while the vehicle was parked at 502 N. Main St.
• Amber Sells told Goshen police Tuesday her wallet was stolen from a vehicle at her 1709 April Lane home during the night.
• Chrystal S. Bonee of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone stole her cellular telephone at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds between 8 and 10 p.m. July 19.
• Garrett L. Yoder of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made eight unauthorized transactions totaling $720 on his debit car Aug. 8.
• Matthew Estep of Millersburg told Elkhart County police someone used his debit card information to make purchase at a Walgreens in Fort Worth, Texas Saturday.
• Nicholas Crowder, 25, 206 Dewey Ave., was arrested on a charge of domestic battery Tuesday after he allegedly struck his live-in girlfriend. The incident occurred around 11:41 p.m. at Crowder’s home. He was incarcerated.
• Staff at Bashor Homes, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old boy battered a 16-year-old boy at the facility around 8 p.m. Monday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Mayda Carreon of Goshen told city police someone damaged is mo-ped at 1700 Roc Lane Tuesday.
• Goshen High School staff told city police Tuesday someone used a black marker to draw on a bathroom mirror at the high school.
• Two Wakarusa men were arrested after reportedly trying to flag down a motorist around 4 a.m. Wednesday at C.R.s 1 and 38. Police said Toby Wayne Miller, 21, 11662 New Road, was in possession of suspected synthetic marijuana and drug paraphernalia and gave a false name to police. He was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana or hashish and paraphernalia, as well false informing. He and Ross B. Priest, 20, 305 E. Harrison St., were also arrested on warrants.