Elkhart County police reported that several people were injured in motor vehicle crashes Thursday:
• A two-vehicle crash injured three people a mile northwest of Goshen.
The crash occurred at 2:15 p.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 17 and 28. Elkhart County police said a 2003 Chevrolet Impala driven by Taneshia Ritter, 23, Goshen, collided with a 2009 Honda Accord driven by Regina Yoder, 42, Goshen.
Ritter suffered neck pain as a result of the collision, and Yoder suffered chest pain. A passenger in Ritter’s vehicle, Jason Ragsdale, 23, Goshen, suffered back and chest pain.
Police said Ritter was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
• A driver was hurt in a one-vehicle collision five miles southwest of Goshen.
The collision occurred shortly before 7 p.m. on C.R. 40, east of C.R. 33. Police said Ryan Meade, 16, Goshen, was traveling east in a 2006 Ford 500 and lost control of the vehicle due to driving too fast on the recently resurfaced road. The vehicle went off the south side of the road and struck a tree.
Meade suffered lacerations to his arms and legs and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. Police said he was issued a citation.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a driver two miles east of Elkhart.
The collision occurred at 3:50 p.m. at the intersection of Ind. 120 and C.R. 17. Police said a westbound 1996 Ford pick-up driven by Stuart Shupp, 29, White Pigeon, Mich., collided head-on with an eastbound 1996 Ford vehicle driven by Mathew Wieczorkowski, 20, South Bend.
Wieczorkowski suffered a laceration on his right hand due to the crash. Police said Shupp was cited by failure to yield the right of way, and Wieczorkowski was cited for not having insurance.
Toddler bitten by dog
A toddler was airlifted to a hospital after being bitten by a Great Dane near Milford Thursday.
At 8:43 p.m., paramedics from Multi-Township EMS and Kosciusko County police went to 11625 N. C.R. 200 West after receiving a 911 call that a 21-month-old child had been bitten by a dog. Upon arrival, paramedics requested Lutheran air ambulance be en route to the scene due to a large laceration to the child’s forehead and facial area.
The child was transported to Lutheran Memorial Hospital in Fort Wayne in serious condition, police reported.
The child’s mother, Amanda King, told police the child had been petting the dog and inadvertently stepped on the 8-year-old Great Dane’s paw. This caused the dog to turn around and bit the toddler.
The incident occurred at the family’s home. Police did not release the injured child’s name Friday.
Child’s homicide is Crime of the Week
The shooting death of an Elkhart child is Michiana Crime Stoppers Crime of the Week.
On the night of Aug. 17, 2012, 7-year-old Kristyana Jackson was returning home with her mother to 720 Kilbourn St. in Elkhart after attending a high school football game. As they approached the side door of the house, they were confronted by two people who were masked and armed.
John Jackson was inside caring for the couple’s 8-month-old baby and rushed to the door when he heard his wife scream. He grabbed Kristyana in an attempt to shield her as the assailants opened fire. Both were shot. Kristyana died two days later.
A $6,000 reward has been offered by Kristyana’s family and community donors for information leading to the arrest of the shooters. This reward will be paid in cash through Crime Stoppers anonymously.
Those wanting to provide information can click the link at MichianaCrimeStoppers.com, or the same link on the Crime Stoppers Facebook page. Also available is the Tip Submit Mobile app on a smart phone. Crime Stoppers will also be reached via phone at 800-342-STOP or 574-288-STOP.
• Laurina R. Graber-Ditzler told Goshen police Thursday someone entered her locked garage at 507 S. Seventh St. and stole two bicycles.
• Christina Perrine of Goshen told city police Thursday that two unauthorized purchases totaling $195 were made on her debit card.
• A break-in at the Elkhart County Clubhouse, 114 S. Main St., Goshen, was reported to Goshen police Thursday.
• Stephany Greenawalt, 21, 23149 Apple Ridge Way, Elkhart, was arrested after allegedly trying to shoplift at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Thursday afternoon. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court next month.
• Adam Hessl of Goshen reported the unauthorized used of his debit card to city police Thursday.
• Malinda Slabaugh of Goshen reported a possible scam involving a charity to Goshen police Thursday.
• Douglas Gossman of Goshen told city police Thursday his bicycle was stolen from 116 W. Washington St.
• Ty Froelich, 25, 2706 Cedarwood Court, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Thursday on charges of domestic battery, battery on a pregnant woman and strangulation. The assaults reportedly occurred at Froelich’s home around 7:20 p.m. Froelich was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• A 34-year-old Goshen woman told Goshen police her 15-year-old son and 14-year-old nephew were battered by three males while walking in Rogers Park Thursday morning. Neither boy required medical attention, according to the police report.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Chad Stump, 168 Broadmore Estates, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone damaged his truck cab. The vandalism occurred at Stump’s residence between July 7 and Wednesday.
• Donnie Nipper of Goshen told city police Thursday that someone vandalized his vehicle with a sharp object. The vehicle had been parked at Goshen Middle School during the night.
• Douglas Dispenette of Goshen told city police Thursday someone spray-painted a house he owns at 919 S. Eighth St., and also the sidewalk.
• Catalina Perez, 671 W. Hawthorne St., Bristol, told Elkhart County police that someone broke out the back left window of her van. The vandalism occurred while the vehicle was parked in her driveway between 11:45 p.m. Wednesday and 2:55 a.m. Thursday. Perez told police a rock was found inside the van.
• Melissa Webb, 32, 22580 C.R. 4, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at 8:39 Thursday in the 1300 block of Lincolnway East. She was jailed on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic offender.
• Kyla C. Jordan, 23, 207 W. Race St., Wolcottville, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 10 p.m. on Ind. 120, east of C.R. 131. She was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Lavell M. Newton, 22, 513 Mercer, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 9:13 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Eighth and Center streets. Police said Newton had drug paraphernalia. She was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Sergio Lozano, 23, 415 E. Madison St., Goshen, was arrested by city police around 10 p.m. on charges of possession of marijuana and public intoxication. Lozano was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Elkhart County police reported that several people were injured in motor vehicle crashes Thursday:
- Police News
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- More Police News Headlines