Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
The theft occurred between 8 p.m. Tuesday and 7:55 a.m. Wednesday, according to an Elkhart County police report. Jeffrey Faulkner of the Humane Society told police that someone cut open a fence at the facility, broke into the kennel and stole a dog.
• Staff at 534-RENT Property Management Services told Goshen police Thursday that someone burglarized an empty rental property at 437 N. First St.
• Larry Harvey told Goshen police Thursday that someone stole items from his storage shed at the Moose Lodge, 388 Johnston St.
• Elsie Forgey of Goshen reported a theft from her bank account to Goshen police Thursday.
• Shely Guzman, 202 Crescent St., told Goshen police Thursday that someone stole a Sony Play Station, two Play Station remote controllers, 15 video games and a laptop from her home around two months ago.
• Derek Ottman of Mishawaka told Goshen police Thursday that someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked at 2703 College Ave. and took items from inside.
• Staff at Kroger Fuel Center, 612 W. Pike St., told Goshen police that someone pumped $45.40 worth of gasoline and drove off without paying around 9 a.m. Thursday.
• Michael Islas of Goshen told Goshen police Thursday that someone had entered the home at 418 E. Lincoln Ave.
•Elkhart County police reported that Marilyn Keck of New Paris was scammed out of $2,830 by someone who called her Thursday night. The caller, someone Keck didn’t know, indicated that one of Keck’s relatives was in trouble.
• Kaleb Bulva, 24, 1720 Roc Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Thursday on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor. The incident reportedly occurred around 3:30 p.m. at Bulva’s home.
• A 38-year-old woman reported a sexual battery to Elkhart County police Thursday. The incident reportedly occurred Monday in the Middlebury area.