THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and robbed a clerk of a small amount of money at gunpoint. The store employee was uninjured.
According to the police report, a vehicle involved in the robbery was described as a gold- or copper-colored Pontiac Grand Am, possibly a 2000-year. Police said the vehicle was last seen traveling north on Ind. 13 past C.R. 38.
Investigators ask anyone with information about the robbery to call the Millersburg Marshal’s Office at 574-642-4500 or call Crime Stoppers.
Motorists were injured in recent crashes responded to by Goshen police:
• A passenger was hurt in a two-vehicle crash near Market Centre Saturday.
The collision occurred around 2:25 p.m. on U.S. 33 west of Rieth Boulevard. Police said a 2003 Saturn Ion driven by Breanna Rothy, 19, Mishawaka, collided with the rear of a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew truck driven by Rick D. Dills, 55, Goshen.
A backseat passenger in the Saturn, Xavier Weaver, 21, Elkhart, was hurt when his face hit the back of the driver’s seat. Police said he suffered severe facial bleeding and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital.
• A passenger was hurt in a two-vehicle crash around 3:30 p.m. Friday at U.S. 33 and Fifth Street.
Goshen police said a 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by James L. Hoogenboom, 61, Goshen, collided with a 1998 Ford Ranger driven by Devin R. Anderson-Beer, 18, Syracuse.
A passenger in the Chrysler, Becky Hoogenboom, 59, Goshen, suffered head pain but refused medical treatment.
• A Shipshewana man was arrested on multiple charges after LaGrange County police were called to a home at 9215 W. 360 North Wednesday night.
Police said they found Casey Bollinger, 25, 8065 West U.S. 20, Shipshewana, in a vehicle near the residence. Bollinger was intoxicated, according to police.
Officers also reported that Bollinger had battered two females at the residence near Shipshewana.
Bollinger was incarcerated in the LaGrange County Jail on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, domestic battery, battery, interfering with the reporting of a crime and residential entry.
• A 19-year-old woman said her 1-year-old son was pushed to the ground around 6 p.m. Thursday in the 12000 block of Ind. 120, Middlebury. According to an Elkhart County police report, the child was pushed by a 42-year-old man.
• A 27-year-old woman told Elkhart County police she was punched several times in the stomach by an 11-year-old student at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen. The incident occurred around 7:55 a.m. Nov. 27.
• A 49-year-old Elkhart County Community Corrections employee told county police she was shoved by an inmate at the work release facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, around 6:50 p.m. Nov. 27.
• A 27-year-old woman told Goshen police Monday that a male grabbed her arm and tried to make her take part in sexual activity with him. She told police that after she refused, the male left the residence where the incident reportedly occurred.
• Francisco Hernandez, 205 S. 26th St., Goshen, told Goshen police that someone tried to take a battery charger from his front porch Sunday. The police report lists the incident time at 10:46 p.m.
• Maria Hernandez-Faller, 23, 414 E. Lincoln Ave. Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart city police Nov. 27 on a charge of theft at 201 Concord Mall Drive, Elkhart. Hernandez-Faller was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Sarah Yoder of Goshen told Elkhart County police Friday that someone opened an electronic account in Michigan using her Social Security number.
• Donald Molecupp told Elkhart County police that a Troybilt generator was stolen from a work site at 12785 C.R. 50, New Paris, between 4 p.m. Nov. 26 and noon Nov. 27.
• Brian C. Whitaker, 38, 403 W. Pike St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Monday after he allegedly stole from the Goodwill box in the parking lot at Save A Lot, 1401 College Ave. The police report lists the incident time as 11 a.m. Whitaker was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Amber Bravo, 385 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police that sometime between Friday night and Monday morning, someone entered her home and stole a laptop computer and a desktop computer.
• Sarah Miller, 104 W. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police Monday that someone stole medication from her residence.
• Staff at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, told Goshen police Monday that someone cashed a counterfeit check at the store.
• Michael Chavez, 22, 601 W. Wilkinson Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after allegedly trying to shoplift at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, around 6:30 p.m. Chavez was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• John Cook, 67, 59765 Ridgewood Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart city police around 1:45 a.m. Thursday after a traffic stop in the area of East Bristol Street and Cobblestone.
• Jana R. Cook, 45, 103 1/2 W. Waterford St., Wakarusa, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 1:47 a.m. Monday at Ind. 19 and the U.S. 20 Bypass.
• Cody Conrad, 25, 67507 Beech Road, Wakarusa, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 12:45 a.m. on U.S. 33 north of Glenmore Avenue.
• Cory Malcom, 26, 2428 Redspine Boulevard, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a two-vehicle crash around 11:15 p.m. Nov. 27 on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 7. In addition to the OWI, Malcom was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana.
• Jeffrey J. Bainter, 52, 18819 C.R. 20, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 2:47 a.m. Nov. 27 on Ind. 19 south of C.R. 20. In addition to the OWI, Bainter was also arrested on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Salvador Flores, 46, 623 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop in the 200 block of South Eighth Street around 2:24 p.m. Sunday.
• Luis Alcocer, 28, 21153 C.R. 40, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic top around 7:50 p.m. Sunday on C.R. 17 north of Ind. 119. Alcocer was incarcerated on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator.