THE GOSHEN NEWS
The Marathon Gas Station, 51451 Ind. 19 in Elkhart was robbed around 8:03 p.m. Tuesday. Two males wearing black masks and gloves entered the store while armed with handguns and demanded money from the store clerk, according to an Elkhart County police press release. The males took an undisclosed amount of cash from the cash register and cigarettes. The suspects left the store and entered a gold colored sport utility vehicle and left headed westbound on Roseland Road. Police are asking the public for help in identifying the suspects in the robbery and the vehicle by calling (574) 533-4151.
Body found after
house fire identified
A body located inside a house fire on Chapman Lake Jan. 23 has been positively identified by the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office, according to a press release. Stephen T. Hall, 65, Warsaw, died from smoke inhalation and burns in a house fire at 2147 Chapman Lake Drive, Warsaw. The Fire Investigation team of Kosciusko County determined the fire started in the basement of the structure near a portable heater. Police determined Hall used the portable heater to thaw-out frozen waterlines in the basement.
• The Elkhart County police received information that a 13-year-old male student made a threatening comment while writing a paper in class at Northridge Middle School, 56691 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Fire investigation reports
• An employee at Concord Community Schools, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, reported to Elkhart County police a Concord school bus caught fire as a result of a electrical malfunction at 7:49 p.m. Monday.
• Teresa Hill, 214 Olive St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her laptop computer from her residence between 5:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Tianna Lee of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her cell phone at Little Caesars, 4568 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 5:55 p.m. Tuesday.
• Ressie Dipert of Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her unlocked vehicle and removed her hidden car and house keys and cigarettes while it was parked at the Salvation Army of Goshen, 1013 N. Main St., Goshen, at 1:28 p.m. Tuesday.
• Employees of Interra Credit Union, 2410 Peddlers Village Road, Goshen, told Goshen police on witnessing a fight in their business lot at 11:14 a.m. Tuesday. Officers were unsuccessful in locating the involved parties.
Shoplifting/criminal mischief reports
• Devin Lamene, 21, Bristol, and Zachary Higgins, 20, Bristol, were arrested by Goshen police at Kohl’s, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen, on charges of theft after they reportedly left the store with unpaid merchandise at 6:17 p.m. Tuesday.
False reporting arrests
• A 16-year-old male from Elkhart was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of false informing after reportedly giving police misleading information about himself at 11:07 p.m. Tuesday. Police said the juvenile was stopped in the 2500 block of West Clinton Street. They reported he was speeding and driving a car with a false plate, no proof of insurance and violating his learner’s permit. The juvenile was released to his mother.
• Carlos Guadalajara-Rodriguez, 22, 1447 S. 49th St., Cicero, Ill., was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while never receiving a license with a prior conviction. He was stopped by police for a traffic violation at Fifth Street and Middlebury Street at 5:38 a.m. Tuesday. Guadalajara-Rodriguez was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
Drug/ alcohol arrests
• Zachary Wilson, 19, was stopped by Elkhart County police for a traffic violation on Peddler’s Village Road at U.S. 33 in Goshen at 11:52 p.m. Tuesday. Wilson and the passenger, Tyler Kuhl, 19, were incarcerated on charges of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Jerry D. Weaver, 43, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 1:18 a.m. Saturday on C.R. 18, just west of C.R. 19, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Nathan J. Prieshoff, 29, Milford, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 3:48 a.m. Wednesday at C.R. 6 and Ind. 19 in Elkhart, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Prieshoff was incarcerated.