THE GOSHEN NEWS
Two people were transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of injuries after a rear-end collision at Old U.S. 33 and Belden Ave., Elkhart. The crash occurred at 4:55 p.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police.
Christopher Pollock, 33, of Elkhart, was driving a 1992 Chevrolet truck when his vehicle collided with the rear-end of the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Andrea Cheney, 34, of Elkhart. Cheney was turning north onto Belden Avenue from Old U.S. 33, according to police. Pollock was ticketed on charges of driving too fast to avoid a collision.
Cheney complained of pain in the wrist and her passenger, Alexis Emeigh, 14, of Elkhart, complained of pain to her right hip.
• An Elkhart driver was injured at Ind. 19 and Bent Tree Blvd., Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the collision occurred at 4:02 p.m. Thursday.
Police reported Shante Rivera, 21, of Elkhart, was driving a 2000 Ford Taurus and turned west from the Overlook Apartment complex onto Bent Tree Boulevard. John Dotson, 42, Lithonia, Ga., was driving a 2013 Freightliner semi-trailer and collided with Rivera’s vehicle. Rivera was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaints of neck and face pain. Rivera was ticketed on a charge of failure to yield the right of way.
• A 1998 Ford Mustang driven by Gretchen Roth, 19, of White Pigeon, Mich., was traveling east on C.R. 2 at Van Drive, Bristol at 3:53 p.m. Thursday when it left the road and struck a tree.
According to Elkhart County police, Roth complained of head pain and refused medical treatment. Roth was ticketed on a charge of driving too fast for conditions.
Driver leaves scene
• Anthony Ortiz, 29, of Goshen, told Goshen police someone struck his vehicle with another vehicle while it was parked in the 2400 block of West Clinton Street, Goshen, at 3:11 p.m. Thursday.
• Kimberly Duca, 1124 S. Eighth St., Goshen, told Goshen police Thursday someone stole her green 1997 Jeep Cherokee around 8 p.m. Dec. 5 while she was incarcerated.
• Tiffany McKnatt, 1641 Harrison Ridge Lane, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone removed a handicap vehicle visor tag from her vehicle at 9:01 a.m. Jan. 11.
• Sergio Rodarte, 16308 C.R. 138, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered his residence by removing a window screen and took a stove and refrigerator from the kitchen between 6 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Kristin Horn, 11466 C.R. 52, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police someone broke into her residence and took a flat screen television and several electronic items between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Thursday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Ranferi Mederos, Jr., 330 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke a window to a mobile home rented by his sister and owned by Sun Homes at 10:55 a.m. Thursday.
• Scott Rugg, 909 N. Fifth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke a basement window around 3 p.m. Jan. 19.
• A 16-year-old juvenile was stopped for a traffic violation at C.R. 43 and C.R. 146 in Millersburg at 12:59 a.m. Friday. Elkhart County police stated the 16-year-old juvenile and a passenger, Maria Miller, 19, had consumed alcoholic beverages. The juvenile was driving without ever receiving a license. Miller was cited and released to appear in court and the juvenile was released to a parent pending juvenile court.
• Carl Porter of Goshen, told Goshen police someone used his debit card without authorization at 1 p.m. Thursday.