Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
A Vandalia, Mich., man was injured in a vehicle rollover at 10:25 p.m. Thursday on C.R. 17.
According to Elkhart County police, Anthony Miller, 88, Vandalia, Mich., was driving his vehicle southbound on C.R. 17, just north of U.S. 20. Miller indicated he was turning westbound onto the westbound on-ramp of U.S. 20 when his vehicle lost steering and proceeded off the south side of the roadway.
The vehicle then flipped over, leaving the roadway to the south before coming to rest on the passenger side.
Miller was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of lacerations to his head and neck pain.
An Elkhart man was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 12:06 p.m. Friday on Ind. 15.
According to Elkhart County police, Brock King, 21, Goshen, was driving west on C.R. 18 from a stop sign at Ind. 15 when he reportedly failed to yield the right of way and his vehicle collided with a second one heading north on Ind. 15.
The driver of the other vehicle, William Maggert Jr., 53, Elkhart, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of body pain. King was cited for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection, police said, and both drivers were cited for a seat belt violation.
• Guillermo Triana, 45, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:12 p.m. Thursday while at Martins, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• An employee of Chalet Party Shoppe, 1830 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, told Goshen police two males entered the store and stole a bottle of alcohol at approximately 8:53 p.m. Thursday.
• Samantha Vargas, 613 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police she was scammed out of $1,950 Jan. 12.
• An employee with Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police he had become aware of a possible fraud situation involving a 14-year-old male student. The boy was apparently going through neighborhoods stating he was selling items for a school fundraiser and then keeping the cash.
• An employee of Frontier Communications, 24373 C.R. 45, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone removed telephone wire spools from the property between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. The spools were later recovered in Osceola.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police she was battered by an 11-year-old student at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. The woman indicated she was pushed by the student and did not suffer any injuries.
• Elkhart County police were informed at 9 a.m. Thursday that a 15-year-old female student had repeatedly punched a 16-year-old boy while in gym class at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Gregory Sommers, Goshen, told Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while parked in Goshen City Lot I at approximately 5:29 p.m. Thursday.
• Shelia Jackson, 41, 713 1/2 S. 11th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:36 a.m. Friday at the intersection of Riverside Boulevard and Elkhart Road on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while her license privileges were suspended. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Hilario Tolentino, 26, 705 S. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:09 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Main Street on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Candido Altamirano, 22, 315 Stone Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:45 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Lincolnway East and Keystone on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having obtained a driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Chad Ryan Jonas, 24, 514 W. Lexington Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:47 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of C.R. 13 and C.R. 45 on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Christopher Vaughn, 38, Shipshewana, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 9:17 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Cassopolis Street and C.R. 4 on a warrant and a charge of possession of methamphetamine. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
- Police News
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
Man pleads guilty in Twin Pines home invasion
One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
Antoine A. McDuffie, 21, Elkhart, pleaded guilty in Elkhart Circuit Court Monday to Class B felony charges of armed robbery, burglary, criminal confinement and conspiracy to commit burglary.
- Goshen man held on drug-making charge David McNeal, 45, of 16 Roxbury Park, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine following a traffic stop near the intersection of Elkhart and Reliance roads in Goshen Saturday at 9:23 a.m. Police reported he was in possession of ingre
- One jailed after Ind. 15 wreck A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
Man who robbed Bristol bank sentenced
A South Bend man has been sentenced for robbing a Bristol bank as well as a bank in Edwardsburg, Mich., last year.
Darius Witherspoon, 21, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend this week to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release.
- One hurt in Wednesday wreck Several motorists were injured in recent crashes responded to by local police:
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash