Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
A Vandalia, Mich., man was injured in a vehicle rollover at 10:25 p.m. Thursday on C.R. 17.
According to Elkhart County police, Anthony Miller, 88, Vandalia, Mich., was driving his vehicle southbound on C.R. 17, just north of U.S. 20. Miller indicated he was turning westbound onto the westbound on-ramp of U.S. 20 when his vehicle lost steering and proceeded off the south side of the roadway.
The vehicle then flipped over, leaving the roadway to the south before coming to rest on the passenger side.
Miller was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of lacerations to his head and neck pain.
An Elkhart man was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 12:06 p.m. Friday on Ind. 15.
According to Elkhart County police, Brock King, 21, Goshen, was driving west on C.R. 18 from a stop sign at Ind. 15 when he reportedly failed to yield the right of way and his vehicle collided with a second one heading north on Ind. 15.
The driver of the other vehicle, William Maggert Jr., 53, Elkhart, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of body pain. King was cited for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection, police said, and both drivers were cited for a seat belt violation.
• Guillermo Triana, 45, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:12 p.m. Thursday while at Martins, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• An employee of Chalet Party Shoppe, 1830 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, told Goshen police two males entered the store and stole a bottle of alcohol at approximately 8:53 p.m. Thursday.
• Samantha Vargas, 613 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police she was scammed out of $1,950 Jan. 12.
• An employee with Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police he had become aware of a possible fraud situation involving a 14-year-old male student. The boy was apparently going through neighborhoods stating he was selling items for a school fundraiser and then keeping the cash.
• An employee of Frontier Communications, 24373 C.R. 45, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone removed telephone wire spools from the property between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. The spools were later recovered in Osceola.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police she was battered by an 11-year-old student at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. The woman indicated she was pushed by the student and did not suffer any injuries.
• Elkhart County police were informed at 9 a.m. Thursday that a 15-year-old female student had repeatedly punched a 16-year-old boy while in gym class at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Gregory Sommers, Goshen, told Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while parked in Goshen City Lot I at approximately 5:29 p.m. Thursday.
• Shelia Jackson, 41, 713 1/2 S. 11th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:36 a.m. Friday at the intersection of Riverside Boulevard and Elkhart Road on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while her license privileges were suspended. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Hilario Tolentino, 26, 705 S. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:09 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Main Street on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Candido Altamirano, 22, 315 Stone Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:45 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Lincolnway East and Keystone on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having obtained a driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Chad Ryan Jonas, 24, 514 W. Lexington Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:47 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of C.R. 13 and C.R. 45 on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Christopher Vaughn, 38, Shipshewana, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 9:17 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Cassopolis Street and C.R. 4 on a warrant and a charge of possession of methamphetamine. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
- Police News
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- More Police News Headlines