Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
A Vandalia, Mich., man was injured in a vehicle rollover at 10:25 p.m. Thursday on C.R. 17.
According to Elkhart County police, Anthony Miller, 88, Vandalia, Mich., was driving his vehicle southbound on C.R. 17, just north of U.S. 20. Miller indicated he was turning westbound onto the westbound on-ramp of U.S. 20 when his vehicle lost steering and proceeded off the south side of the roadway.
The vehicle then flipped over, leaving the roadway to the south before coming to rest on the passenger side.
Miller was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of lacerations to his head and neck pain.
An Elkhart man was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 12:06 p.m. Friday on Ind. 15.
According to Elkhart County police, Brock King, 21, Goshen, was driving west on C.R. 18 from a stop sign at Ind. 15 when he reportedly failed to yield the right of way and his vehicle collided with a second one heading north on Ind. 15.
The driver of the other vehicle, William Maggert Jr., 53, Elkhart, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of body pain. King was cited for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection, police said, and both drivers were cited for a seat belt violation.
• Guillermo Triana, 45, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:12 p.m. Thursday while at Martins, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• An employee of Chalet Party Shoppe, 1830 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, told Goshen police two males entered the store and stole a bottle of alcohol at approximately 8:53 p.m. Thursday.
• Samantha Vargas, 613 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police she was scammed out of $1,950 Jan. 12.
• An employee with Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police he had become aware of a possible fraud situation involving a 14-year-old male student. The boy was apparently going through neighborhoods stating he was selling items for a school fundraiser and then keeping the cash.
• An employee of Frontier Communications, 24373 C.R. 45, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone removed telephone wire spools from the property between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. The spools were later recovered in Osceola.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police she was battered by an 11-year-old student at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. The woman indicated she was pushed by the student and did not suffer any injuries.
• Elkhart County police were informed at 9 a.m. Thursday that a 15-year-old female student had repeatedly punched a 16-year-old boy while in gym class at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Gregory Sommers, Goshen, told Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while parked in Goshen City Lot I at approximately 5:29 p.m. Thursday.
• Shelia Jackson, 41, 713 1/2 S. 11th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:36 a.m. Friday at the intersection of Riverside Boulevard and Elkhart Road on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while her license privileges were suspended. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Hilario Tolentino, 26, 705 S. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:09 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Main Street on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Candido Altamirano, 22, 315 Stone Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:45 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Lincolnway East and Keystone on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having obtained a driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Chad Ryan Jonas, 24, 514 W. Lexington Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:47 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of C.R. 13 and C.R. 45 on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Christopher Vaughn, 38, Shipshewana, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 9:17 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Cassopolis Street and C.R. 4 on a warrant and a charge of possession of methamphetamine. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
- Police News
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- More Police News Headlines