Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
A Vandalia, Mich., man was injured in a vehicle rollover at 10:25 p.m. Thursday on C.R. 17.
According to Elkhart County police, Anthony Miller, 88, Vandalia, Mich., was driving his vehicle southbound on C.R. 17, just north of U.S. 20. Miller indicated he was turning westbound onto the westbound on-ramp of U.S. 20 when his vehicle lost steering and proceeded off the south side of the roadway.
The vehicle then flipped over, leaving the roadway to the south before coming to rest on the passenger side.
Miller was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of lacerations to his head and neck pain.
An Elkhart man was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 12:06 p.m. Friday on Ind. 15.
According to Elkhart County police, Brock King, 21, Goshen, was driving west on C.R. 18 from a stop sign at Ind. 15 when he reportedly failed to yield the right of way and his vehicle collided with a second one heading north on Ind. 15.
The driver of the other vehicle, William Maggert Jr., 53, Elkhart, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of body pain. King was cited for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection, police said, and both drivers were cited for a seat belt violation.
• Guillermo Triana, 45, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:12 p.m. Thursday while at Martins, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• An employee of Chalet Party Shoppe, 1830 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, told Goshen police two males entered the store and stole a bottle of alcohol at approximately 8:53 p.m. Thursday.
• Samantha Vargas, 613 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police she was scammed out of $1,950 Jan. 12.
• An employee with Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police he had become aware of a possible fraud situation involving a 14-year-old male student. The boy was apparently going through neighborhoods stating he was selling items for a school fundraiser and then keeping the cash.
• An employee of Frontier Communications, 24373 C.R. 45, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone removed telephone wire spools from the property between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. The spools were later recovered in Osceola.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Bristol, told Elkhart County police she was battered by an 11-year-old student at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. The woman indicated she was pushed by the student and did not suffer any injuries.
• Elkhart County police were informed at 9 a.m. Thursday that a 15-year-old female student had repeatedly punched a 16-year-old boy while in gym class at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Gregory Sommers, Goshen, told Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while parked in Goshen City Lot I at approximately 5:29 p.m. Thursday.
• Shelia Jackson, 41, 713 1/2 S. 11th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:36 a.m. Friday at the intersection of Riverside Boulevard and Elkhart Road on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while her license privileges were suspended. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Hilario Tolentino, 26, 705 S. Ninth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:09 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Main Street on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Candido Altamirano, 22, 315 Stone Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:45 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Lincolnway East and Keystone on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having obtained a driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Chad Ryan Jonas, 24, 514 W. Lexington Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:47 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of C.R. 13 and C.R. 45 on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Christopher Vaughn, 38, Shipshewana, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 9:17 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Cassopolis Street and C.R. 4 on a warrant and a charge of possession of methamphetamine. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Motorist hurt in C.R. 17 crash
- Police News
- Man pleads guilty to Elkhart store slayings An Elkhart man pleaded guilty to counts of murder Monday shortly before his trial was scheduled to begin.
Two hurt when vehicle collides with Goshen dental office
Two people were hurt when a vehicle crashed into Goshen Family Dentistry, 1625 Sunnyfield Drive, around 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
- More Police News Headlines