THE GOSHEN NEWS
William Z. Middleton, 23, 211 S. 10th St., of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of battery of a police officer and resisting arrest after police were dispatched to his residence for a battery call at 1:15 a.m. Tuesday. Middleton was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• A manager at Sam’s Club, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone acting strangely at their business at 12:41 a.m. Tuesday. Police arrived and found the person to be in possession of a suspected schedule 2 narcotic. The suspect was taken to the IU Health Goshen Hospital. The suspected drug was seized and sent to a lab for testing.
Missing person reported
A Wolcottville man has been reported missing in Michigan to the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department.
Police said Christopher Michael Mettler is the missing man. The person who reported Sunday that Mettler was missing said he was last known to be staying at the Kalamazoo Inn in Kalamazoo, Mich. He was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt, tan work boots, a camouflage stocking cap and a black leather jacket when last seen.
Police reported that Kalamzaoo police could not locate Mettler at the inn. Police also said Mettler may be suffering from medical issues.
Anyone with information about Mettler’s location is asked to contact the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department at (260) 463-7491.
• LaGrange County police were called to 7665 E. 500 South in LaGrange County at 3:57 a.m. Sunday in reference to a property damage accident that took place Saturday. The owner of a black 1999 Toyota 4 Runner struck a NIPSCO pole at the intersection of C.R. 650 and C.R. 1100 East and called for a report after discovering the extensive damage to the driver’s side of the truck. The owner claimed to have not noticed all the damage the previous night. No one involved made contact with NIPSCO about the pole damage. The case will be forwarded to the LaGrange County Prosecutor’s Office for review and possible charges.
• Richard Ward of Elkhart, was stopped eastbound on C.R. 10 waiting to turn left onto Old Mill Drive in Elkhart. Trai Hilson of Elkhart, attempted to pass Ward’s 1998 Jeep Wrangler on the right at 9:33 a.m. Monday and caused a rear-end crash, according to Elkhart County police. Hilson complained of back and neck pain and was transported by Oslo Township ambulance to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment. Hilson was cited for unsafe passing on the right in his 2005 Hyundai.
• Randy E. Miller of Goshen, reported to Goshen police he was involved in a traffic accident at the intersection of Monroe Street and Lincolnway East at 5:44 p.m. Monday. The driver of the other vehicle involved left the scene without exchanging information.
• Dewayne Craft, 53575 Stanford Drive, Bristol, told Elkhart County police that two 17-year-old juveniles were trespassing on his property at 6:24 p.m. Sunday. A 17-year-old female pushed Craft. Charges of intimidation, battery and trespassing is being filed against the juveniles.
• Goshen police were called to Kohl’s, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen, at 1:55 p.m. Saturday on three teenage females found to be shoplifting. The juveniles were released to their parents/guardians after a promise to appear in court was signed by each juvenile’s parent/guardian.
• Denise Treat of Elkhart, told Goshen police someone broke into her vehicle and stole items while the vehicle was parked at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Delores Kramer, 520906 York Hills Drive, of Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone stole items from her residence, including $75, multiple tools and a generator between 4 p.m. Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday.
• Eric Graham, 58148 Gary Drive, of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole approximately $95 from his residence between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 2. Graham also reported the garage of his residence was burglarized between 7 a.m. Thursday and 5 p.m. Friday and the burglar stole an air compressor and a salamander heater.
• Employees of the Emma Warehouse, 5995 W. 200 South, Topeka, told LaGrange County police someone stole money from the area of the popcorn machine at approximately 12:49 Friday.
• Goshen police were dispatched to Supreme Corp., 2572 E. Kercher Road, Goshen, in reference to a burglary at approximately 2:24 p.m. Sunday.
• Drew Freed of Nappanee, told Goshen police someone stole a flat-bed trailer from Lippert Components, 3110 Sourwood Drive, Goshen at 4 p.m. Jan. 3.
• Anthony Meyers, 19982 Bluff Drive, of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole firearms and cash between 8 and 8:32 a.m. Monday by forced entry into his home through a sliding glass door.
• Jim Odaniel, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his wallet from his place of employment and someone removed funds from his banking account at approximately 8 p.m. Jan. 2.
• Emily Reed, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges on her bank account totaling $1,000 at approximately 11:46 a.m. Saturday.
• Malachi Randolph of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made three transactions on his debit card without his permission at approximately noon Dec. 27.
• Loren Cripe of Wakarusa, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases with his debit card at midnight Sunday in the total of $186.82.
• Steven Sigman of Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone made three fraudulent transactions using the Internet, totaling $1660.93, with his debit card number at midnight Sunday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Heather D. Barkey of Elkhart, told Goshen police someone damaged her vehicle at 1914 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at approximately 2:28 a.m. Saturday.
• Melody Hall, 213 S. Silverwood Lane, of Goshen, told Goshen police someone threw eggs and damaged her door at approximately 1:10 a.m. Monday.
• An employee with Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 28-year-old male inmate punched and shattered a glass window to one of the unit doors at 7 p.m. Monday.
• Brooke Bleile, 31, 912 S. 15th St., of Goshen, was stopped by Goshen police for disregarding a stop sign and found to be operating a vehicle as a habitual traffic violator. Bleile was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail and cited for disregarding a stop sign.
• A 15-year-old juvenile male was arrested on a charge of never having obtained a driver’s license by Goshen police in the area of Walden Lane and Indiana Avenue in Goshen after being stopped for disregarding a stop sign and unreasonable speed for conditions at 12:05 a.m. Monday. The juvenile was released to his mother on a promise to appear in juvenile court.
• Christopher Coleman, 27, 228 Park Ave., of Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of driving while his license was suspended and released with a court date at the scene at 2:36 a.m. Monday. He was arrested after being stopped for having a fictitious registration plate on his vehicle at the intersection of Madison Street and Main Street in Goshen.
• Juan Rolando Mata-Leyva, 28, 802 E. Reynolds St., Apt 3, of Goshen, was stopped by Goshen police at 401 S. Main St. and arrested on a charge of driving while his license was suspended at 7:34 a.m. Monday. Mata-Leyva was released on a memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Katrina Coleman, 39, 3340 Pleasant Plain Ave. Apt. B, of Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while her license was suspended in the 200 block of Pike Street at 4:17 p.m. Monday. Coleman was released on memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Neil Hoover, 19, of Middlebury, was stopped by Elkhart County police for speeding on C.R. 4, west of C.R. 29 and arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and illegal possession of alcoholic beverages.
• Centry Morris, 31, 1306 Concord Ave., of Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police in the 100 block of North Eighth Street in Goshen on a charge of public intoxication at 9:43 p.m. Saturday.
• Steven Dooley, 26, 1104 Hickory Place, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana at Weaver Woods and Basswood Drive in Goshen at 9:29 a.m. Monday. Dooley was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Kevin Yanez, 20, 414 E. Lincoln Ave., of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana in the 1300 block of East Lincoln Avenue, Goshen, at 10:15 p.m. Monday. Yanez was released on a memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Tyler Allen, 26, of Bristol, was stopped by Elkhart County police in the area of C.R. 11 and C.R. 6 for a traffic violation at 11:54 p.m. Saturday. He was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. Allen was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Mildred Hernandez, 43, of Rochester, N. Y., was arrested by Goshen police on charges of operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana after being involved in a traffic accident on Main Street near Kercher Road at 3:41 p.m. Monday. Hernandez was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.