THE GOSHEN NEWS
The city of Goshen is offering a $250 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for the vandalism done to a community mural on Dec. 15.
Goshen police officers were called to the 300 block of Middlebury Street in reference to criminal mischief Dec. 15. Officers found that spray paint had been applied to the community mural painted on the wall in the 300 block. City workers removed the spray paint from the mural.
Anyone with information about should call the Goshen Police Department during regular business hours at (574) 533-8661.
Two held after robbery
Elkhart Police officers were dispatched to 3409 I Lane in Elkhart at 3:50 p.m. Thursday to a robbery that had just occurred. The male victim told police cash was taken and gave descriptions of the suspects. Police soon located two suspect and said they arrested Victor Kyle, 18, of Elkhart and Brandon Suggs, 22, of Elkhart in the 1700 block of South Eighth Street in Elkhart. The arrest charges were not released by police.
Goshen home searched by police
Elkhart County police called to a residence along Fenmore Avenue in Goshen at 2:46 p.m. Tuesday. After an investigation, a search warrant was obtained for the residence and police said methamphetamine had been manufactured inside the residence. The case will be sent to the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s office for review.
• A 17-year-old female told Goshen police someone took $200 from her wallet while it was at her residence in the 200 block of East Monroe Street at approximately 3 a.m. Wednesday.
• Renae Myers, 925 S. Main St., of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her purse from her home at approximately 8:07 a.m. Wednesday.
• Heather Ann Wormer of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole funds from her bank account at approximately 12:01 a.m. Dec. 22.
• Elijah Whitehead, 21, 720 S. Greene Road, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East., Goshen, at 1:20 p.m. Wednesday. Whitehead was released on a written memorandum to appear in court.
• Employees at Greencroft, 1225 Greencroft, Goshen, reported to Goshen police the possible theft of $25 from a 88-year-old Greencroft resident at approximately midnight Dec. 13. Also, employees at Greencroft told Goshen police someone stole $20 from a 93-year-old Greencroft resident at approximately 9 p.m. Sunday.
• Sue Miller, 55251 Ind. 13, of Middlebury reported to Elkhart County police someone entered her home and removed the contents of her purse and fled with them. The burglary occurred between 10 a.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Summer Fejes, 9440 W. 800 North, told Elkhart County police Wednesday someone stole her wallet while it was at the Marathon Station, 10981 C.R. 2, Middlebury, at approximately 4:35 p.m. Sunday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Employees at Subway, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a customer struck the front door with his fist, causing the glass to shatter at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday.
• Sergio Y. Lopez-Reyes, 32, 2932 Elkhart Road, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of never having obtained a driver’s license after being stopped in the 600 block of West Lincoln Avenue, Goshen at 8:06 a.m. Wednesday.