THE GOSHEN NEWS
Donna D. Smith, 46, of Elkhart, was injured trying to avoid three deer running northbound across C.R. 18, near Keltner Road at approximately 7:03 a.m. Monday, according to Elkhart County police. Smith swerved and missed the deer and went off the north side of the road and hit a tree in her 2002 Pontiac SUV. She was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of back pain.
A witness told police Smith swerved to avoid the deer and hit a tree. No citations were issued in the crash.
• Kim Rippley, 1403 S. 14th St., of Goshen, reported to Goshen police at approximately 10:28 p.m. Sunday two males attempted to get inside her vehicle at her residence. They were unsuccessful and left the area.
• Felica McDonald, 115 Broadmore Estates, of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole a DVD/VCR player, a vacuum cleaner, a recliner and a mattress from her residence between Dec. 26 and Saturday.
• Duane Jaskolka of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized financial transactions from his bank account between Thursday and Saturday totalling $98.91.
• Bonita Waltz, 65844 Tropicana Ave., of Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police someone entered her residence between Dec. 25 and Saturday and stole collector coins and jewelry.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Goshen High School Principal Barry Younghans told Goshen police someone spray painted a wall at Goshen High School, 401 Lincolnway East, at approximately 4:44 p.m. Sunday.
• Leon W. Lehman, 21, 12546 C.R. 42, of Millersburg, was arrested by Middlebury police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated at 1:10 a.m. Sunday during a traffic stop at Wayne Street and Twin Oaks Drive in Middlebury. Lehman was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Servando Garcia Pina, 39, of Goshen, was stopped by Elkhart County police for traffic violations at Greene Road and Bashor Road at 11 p.m. Friday. Pina was incarcerated on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
• Brock A. Bowers, 30, of Bristol, was stopped on C.R. 6 near C.R. 9 in Elkhart by Elkhart County police for an equipment violation at 1:01 a.m. Monday. Bowers was found to be operating a vehicle while intoxicated and incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.