Man jailed on license violation
At 5:26 a.m. Tuesday, Elkhart County police stopped Sergio Pizana, 21, 237 Brookside Manor, Goshen, on C.R. 17 south of C.R. 20. He was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having obtained a license and for an Elkhart County warrant and was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
Goshen man arrested
At 7:49 p.m. Wednesday, Goshen police arrested Marcos Gonzalez, 29, 39 Roxbury Park, for failing to stop at the scene of an accident resulting in property damage. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail, where his bond was set at $1,500.
Sometime between June 10 and Wednesday, a person spray-painted graffiti on a building at 2515 Lombardi Ave. belonging to Keystone RV.
At approximately 4 p.m. Wednesday, Goshen police arrested Ngoc Sharp, 34, 60941 Deerfield Drive, and her 15-year-old son on a charge of shoplifting at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road. Sharp was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
Phone line cut
Laurie Miller, South 15th Street, Goshen, reported someone cut the phone line at her residence sometime between 8 a.m. Monday and 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The following incidents of identity theft were recently reported to Goshen police:
• Russell Evans, Goshen, reported his identification was being used without his permission.
• Geraldine Love, Goshen, reported she and her husband were both victims of fraud/identity theft.
The following acts of vandalism were recently reported to Goshen police:
• Dustin Metzler, Briarwood Boulevard, Goshen, reported his car was damaged by an air soft gun sometime Wednesday.
• A person struck a Goshen city traffic sign at the intersection of Pike Street and Huron Street with their vehicle and then left the scene at approximately 2:15 p.m.
The following thefts were recently reported to Elkhart County police:
• Woodrow Wilson, C.R. 118, Goshen, reported his John Deere riding mower was stolen about three weeks ago.
• A flat screen television was stolen from a recreational vehicle at Horizon Transport, 15655 C.R. 38, Goshen, early Wednesday morning, when a person broke a window to gain entry to the vehicle.
The following thefts were recently reported to Goshen police:
• Wayne Harshberger, South 21st Street, Goshen, reported the license plate was stolen from his vehicle while parked on the street sometime between 8 a.m. April 20 and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Lloyd Hoover, Goshen, reported his debit card was used without his permission at the Shell gas station at 112 W. Pike St. on June 2.
• Alexandra Dooley, Goshen, reported money was taken out of her checking account Tuesday.
• Sharon Guthrie, Lincoln Avenue, Goshen, reported a gas grill stolen and a lock to her home damaged sometime between Monday and Wednesday.