A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
A four-vehicle crash south of New Paris Saturday injured three people.
The collision occurred around 3:09 p.m. at the intersection of U.S. 6 and C.R. 29. Elkhart County police said a northbound 1997 Saturn SL driven by Phillip West, 19, Syracuse, collided with a westbound 2009 Chevrolet Impala driven by Sandra Donat, 67, Rome City.
After the initial crash, police said, the Chevrolet Impala collided with a 1978 Buick Electra driven by Michael Weaver, 21, Syracuse. The Buick then collided with a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero driven by Nicholas Bradley, 31, Syracuse.
Weaver suffered neck pain as a result of the crash, and a passenger in his vehicle, Ayla Smith, 19, Syracuse, suffered head and neck pain. A passenger in the Saturn, Amanda Pavel, 19, North Webster, suffered knee pain. All were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Police said West was issued a citation for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection.
Driver hurt in crash
A two-vehicle crash injured a driver south of Elkhart Friday.
The crash occurred at the intersection of Ind. 19 and C.R. 28 around 4:36 p.m. Elkhart County said a northbound 2000 Jeep Cherokee driven by Kimberly Fry, 19, Mishawaka, collided with the rear of a 1999 Ford F150 truck driven by Anthony Oliver, 49, South Bend.
Oliver suffered neck pain as a result of the crash and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital.
Elkhart County police said Fry had been changing the radio station in her vehicle prior to the crash.
in critical condition
A NorthWood High School senior remained in critical condition Saturday after falling off a truck Thursday.
Tori Graff, 18, is hospitalized in South Bend Memorial Hospital.
Graff was injured around 9 p.m. Thursday. Police said she was riding on the back bumper of 2011 Chevrolet pick-up being driven south in the east parking lot. Graff fell from the vehicle and hit her head on the pavement.
• Rodney L. Foster, 41, 219 Crescent St., Goshen, was taken into custody by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 11 p.m. Friday. Foster was arrested on charges of battery on a police officer and intimidation. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Around 3 a.m. Saturday, Goshen police were called to a report of a vehicle in the ditch at the intersection of First Street and River Avenue. The owner was later contacted, police said, and it was determined the vehicle had been stolen.
• Property belonging to Brimar Wood Innovations, 2108 N. Eisenhower Drive, was reportedly stolen May 19, according to Goshen police.
• Several payroll checks were reportedly stolen from Kinro, 1206 Eisenhower Drive South, May 24, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary to a storage unit at 1313 S. Ninth St. was reported to Goshen police Friday.
• Shane Gorman, 27, 621 Tanglewood Drive, Goshen, was taken into custody in the 2100 block of Dierdorff Road Friday afternoon. He was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and false informing. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Martin’s Super Market, 1527 Bashor Road, after two boys were seen throwing rocks at a parked car, breaking out two windows. The boys had fled on foot prior to police arrival.
• David Riggs, 27, 1504 West Ave., Goshen, told city police Friday that someone shot out a window on his pick-up truck with a BB while the vehicle was parked in front of his residence.