According to Indiana State Police, Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department Ptl. William J. Long, 37, 116 Fawn Dr. Apt. A, Middlebury, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of invasion of privacy.
According to Trent Smith of the Indiana State Police, police were called around 7:15 p.m. Tuesday to 56601 El Paco Road, Elkhart.
State police stated Long went to the residence to retrieve some personal belongings, despite a court order issued against him.
State police said no one was home at the time and Long allegedly kicked in the front door and got his belongings and then turned himself in to Elkhart County police afterwards.
County police turned the investigation over to state police who transported Long to the Elkhart County jail on a Class A misdemeanor charge of invasion of privacy.
Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers issued a statement saying appropriate action against Long would be determined following an investigation by the state police.
• An Osceola man was injured during a two-vehicle crash on Old U.S. 33 Tuesday evening, west of the Elkhart city limits.
According to police, A 2001 Ford Explorer traveling eastbound on Old U.S. 33 improperly passed a vehicle on the right side of the road, which caused the driver, later identified as Leah Gruzdor, 19, Goshen, to lose control of the vehicle. The vehicle crossed the center line and collided with a westbound traveling 1999 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Leroy McFall, 58, Osceola.
Police said both vehicle rolled following the collision.
McFall was transported by ambulance to a hospital for treatment of a broken sternum and lacerations, police said.
Gruzdor was given a citation by police for improper passing on the right and operating a vehicle without insurance.
• Goshen police were called to the 700 block of North Main Street Monday in reference to a possible vehicle accident with an injury. Upon further investigation police discovered a teenage male had jumped out of a moving vehicle. The teenager was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
• Teri Ramer, 55 told police Monday that someone made fraudulent transactions on her debit card.
• Jeremy S. Stone, of 56373 Thomas Court, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police that someone kicked in his front door and stole a flat screen TV and a can with loose change sometime between 8:30 and 11:27 a.m. Monday.
• Brian Kiser, 45, told Elkhart County police Monday that his wallet and cell phone had been stolen from his locker at the Elkhart County work release center at 201 N. Cottage Ave, Goshen sometime after 8 p.m. Sunday.
• Lisa Sunday, 35, 22471 C.R. 45, Goshen, told police Monday her home was burglarized sometime between 8:40 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. that day.
• A staffer at Digital Hill Multimedia, 229 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police April 18, that a 65- gallon trash can was stolen from their property.
• Jacob Loewen, 62, Goshen, told Goshen police Monday that two bicycles were stolen from his residence on south Seventh Street, Goshen.
• Alexander Shepherd, 22, 118 West Plains Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police Sunday that someone removed items from his apartment without his permission while he was not home.
The named suspect has Shepherd’s permission to be inside of his residence while he was away according to police.
• Ryan Markley, 30, of 58920 C.R. 3, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of criminal conversion after shoplifting items from the Walmart at 2304 Lincolnway East on Tuesday around 7 p.m.
• A staffer at the Dollar General store, located at 2010 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police Tuesday that a female left the store with merchandise in her purse without paying for it.
• Amanda Bauer, 32, Goshen, told Goshen police Tuesday that her purse was stolen from her residence at 212 N. Fifth Street, Goshen Monday night between 11 and 11:15 p.m.
• Elkhart city police responded to an armed robbery at Bower Quick Stop, located at 704 Bower St., Elkhart, Sunday around 7:58 p.m. Money and cigarettes were reported stolen. Police located four suspects in the 900 block of Bower Street around 9 p.m. and arrested the individuals. The suspects were arrested on charges of robbery with a firearm and identified as Deunta Lee, 21, Tommy Gary, 21, Kevin Gary, 20 and Melvin Flenoy, 22, all of Elkhart.
• Elkhart County police reported an assault at the Elkhart County Community Corrections Facility at 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, Sunday around 7:02 p.m. Police said three inmates battered a fourth inmate. The victim, identified by police, did not want to report or press criminal charges in reference to the incident.
• David Otto, 62, told Elkhart County police Monday that over the past few weeks someone has used his identification and attempted to collect tax money from the state and IRS.
• Shawn Swiger, 39, Goshen, told Goshen police last Thursday, that someone took money from his bank account at Interra Credit Union.
• Elkhart County police received a report of intimidation at Northridge High School, Middlebury Tuesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Jarrod Seabolt told Elkhart County police Sunday that someone broke out the rear window of his 2003 Pontiac Grand Am sometime between 9:10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 58000 block of Andrew Drive, Goshen.
• Christina L. Black, 37, told Elkhart County police that sometime between 6:45 p.m. Sunday and 8:10 a.m. Monday, someone shot a paintball at her home, located in the 21000 block of S.R. 119.
Leaving the scene of an accident
• Eric Hapner told Elkhart County police Sunday that his recreational vehicle was damaged in the last two weeks while parked in a storage lot at 14583 S.R. 120, Bristol.
• Rubi Reyes-Ramirez, 18, Goshen, told Goshen police that her 2005 Nissan Altima was struck by a dark green pickup truck at the intersection of Main Street and Garden Street, Goshen.
The other vehicle did not stop and fled the scene eastbound on Garden Street.
• Kosciusko County officers arrested two people Tuesday after discovering a methamphetamine lab while serving a warrant.
According to police, Kosciusko county police served an active warrant at approximately 3:43 p.m. Tuesday at 9556 West Old Road 30, Etna Green.
Upon arrival, police said a resident directed them to what appeared to be a one-pot method meth lab.
According to a report, Kosciusko County Drug Task Force officers arrived and located two additional individuals inside the residence, identified as Kayla Anne Waltz, 25, Etna Green and Eric Michael Graham, 28, Warsaw.
Police said a four-year-old child was also found inside the home.
Officers said they found precursors commonly found in the production of meth outside the home as well.
Police said Waltz and Graham were arrested on charges of felony possession of a chemical reagent and precursors with intent to manufacture meth.
Police said Waltz was also arrested on the outstanding active warrant of criminal conversion. Waltz and Graham are being held in Kosciusko County jail.
The four-year-old child was placed into the custody of the Department of Child Services, police said.
• Elkhart County police arrested Mervel Eagans Jr., 34, of 2757 Ferndale Drive, Elkhart, following a traffic stop at C.R. 13 north of C.R. 26 around 12:16 a.m. Monday on chrages of driving while suspended and possession of a legend drug.
• David Elwell, 26, Mishawaka, was arrested around 5:23 p.m. Tuesday by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop near Third Street and Pike Street in Goshen.
• Dawn Delaney, 46, of 59422 C.R. 13, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police around 4:16 a.m. Sunday for driving under the influence following a traffic stop near C.R. 26 and C.R. 113.
She was incarcerated at Elkhart County jail.
• Brandon E. Hamlin, 31, of 506 Cherry St., Elkhart, was arrested following a traffic stop at 12:27 a.m. Monday on charges of driving under the influence and possession of a switchblade knife.
He was incarcerated at Elkhart County jail.
• Ronnie L. Moore, 66, 636 Moody Ave., Apt. C4, Elkhart, was arrested Monday around 10:28 p.m. on a charge of felony driving under the influence following a traffic stop on 20th Street south of Lusher Avenue in Elkhart.
• Irene Kortas, 45, 57772 Best Ave., Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence following a traffic stop on C.R. 20 near Charlotte Avenue, Elkhart around 10:57 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jill Mueller, 58, 704 Lee Dr., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after her vehicle became stuck on the railroad tracks in the area of Beaver Lane and Chicago Avenue, Goshen Tuesday around 10:23 p.m.
She was transported to Elkhart County jail.