THE GOSHEN NEWS
GOSHEN — A Waterford Elementary School student was arrested by Goshen police at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday while at the school on charges of battery and intimidation. He was released to a parent.
No further information was available as of press time.
• William Weaver, Goshen, told Goshen police he had an item stolen from his residence at approximately 7:30 a.m. Monday.
• James Roth, Goshen, told Goshen police a bike and cell phone were stolen from inside a garage at 1011 West Ave., Goshen, between 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Monday.
• An employee of Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police two home entertainment systems were stolen from the store at approximately 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
• Keegan Roan, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used his credit card without his permission to make an online purchase at approximately 2:40 p.m. Tuesday.
• Trisha Valdez, 29, 2701 Pinemanor Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 5:10 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of theft after reportedly trying to steal several items from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen. She was booked into the county jail.
• Cheri Ashcraft, Goshen, told Goshen police her wallet was stolen while she was shopping at Kroger, 209 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 5:43 p.m. Tuesday.
• Thomas Suplee, 17561 C.R. 46, New Paris, told Elkhart County police a light bar and license plate were stolen out of the bed of his truck while it was parked in his driveway between 8:30 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday.
Disorderly Conduct arrests
• Jeb Burmeister, 54, 411 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 9:33 p.m. Monday at his residence on a charge of disorderly conduct after being told several times by police to stop yelling. He was booked into the county jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Northridge Middle School officials notified Elkhart County police that numerous words were found scratched into bathroom stall walls at the middle school at 9:57 a.m. Monday.
• Angela Musser, 37, 312 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:13 p.m. Monday at her residence on an active warrant after police were called to the scene to investigate a verbal argument. She was booked into the county jail.
• Alex Casanova, 31, Plymouth, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a legend drug and possession of paraphernalia after a search warrant was obtained for his vehicle in the parking lot of the Elkhart County Jail.
• Lawrence R. Reed, 61, 58780 Mississippi, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 11:23 p.m. Monday at the intersection of C.R. 45 and C.R. 18, Elkhart, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.