THE GOSHEN NEWS
Goshen police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at 2408 Tulip Blvd. at 12:30 a.m. Thursday, where they arrested Jorge Gonzalez, 39, on charges of domestic battery in front of a child and violation of a protection order. He was booked at the county jail and held without bond.
Child removed from school
Elkhart County Sheriff’s officers reported they were called to Osolo Elementary School, 24975 C.R. 6, Elkhart, at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday after a 9-year-old student was disruptive, taken to the principal’s office and restrained. The child was suspended from school and was taken home by sheriff’s officers.
• Elkhart County sheriff’s officers received a report from Kathy Yoder, 28258 C.R. 28, Elkhart, on Wednesday that someone broke into her home between 10 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. that day and stole two BB guns. Doors were damaged at the home in the break-in.
• Goshen police received a report from Austin Hale, 2207 Homeacres, that someone damaged his truck tire and fender sometime Tuesday night.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Eric Heskett, Elkhart, reported that his 2007 Cadillac CTS was damaged while it was parked at 29449 Old U.S. 33 at 7 a.m. Tuesday. He said the front passenger side quarter panel and door were scratched.
• Sheriff’s officers received a report from Kody Lowery, 28770 C.R. 24, Elkhart, at 5 p.m. Tuesday that someone removed the valve stems from all four wheels on his 2009 Jeep Wrangler.
• Stephen J. Kauffman, 58128 C.R. 115, Goshen, reported to the sheriff’s department Wednesday morning that vandals damaged two vehicles that were parked at his home between 4 and 5 a.m. that day.
• Goshen police said they stopped Eblin Amador-Portillo, 28, 709 S. 11th St., at 11th Street and Plymouth Avenue at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday. The driver was cited for driving while never having obtained a license and was released.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Stephen M. Gonzalez, 19, 58877 Chelsie Lee Court, Elkhart, at his place of employment in the 1700 block of Eisenhower Drive, Goshen. He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was released.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Holly D. Miller, 21, 57377 Ind. 15, Goshen, after a traffic stop in the 200 block of West Pike Street at 12:17 a.m. Thursday. She was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked at the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s report, a vehicle driven by Janelle E. Paul, 27, 1813 Parke Place, Elkhart, was stopped at Lake Drive east of Ind. 19 at 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The driver reportedly failed a blood-alcohol test and was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked at the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Juan Arce-Cano, 25, 855 W. Mishawaka Ave., Elkhart, was stopped at C.R. 20 and C.R. 111 at 11:31 p.m. Tuesday for a traffic violation. The driver reportedly failed a blood-alcohol test and was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, possession of marijuana and never having obtained a driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.
Truck, van collide
One driver was hurt in a truck-van crash at Ind. 19 and C.R. 4 at 11:04 a.m. Thursday.
According to a sheriff’s department report, Michael E. Gerald, 62, Elkhart, was driving a 2010 GMC Sierra truck east on C.R. 4 and went into the intersection, colliding with a 2003 Honda Odyssey van driven south by Sherrie Martin Pritts, 64, Mishawaka. Gerald was not hurt.
Pritts was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of chest pain and cuts to her right arm.
Gerald was ticketed for disregarding a traffic signal.
One driver was hurt in a rear-end crash at Indiana Avenue and Professional Drive in Goshen at 3:41 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Goshen police, Allen Garber, 24, 1811 Tony Lane, was driving a 2002 Ford Explorer south on Indiana Avenue and stopped for a turning school bus ahead of his Ford.
The Garber vehicle was struck in the rear by a 2003 Toyota 4 Runner driven by Minh Phan, 60, 1235 White Blossom Drive, Goshen.
Phan was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of abdominal pain. Damage was estimated at more than $25,000.
Two cars collide
One driver was hurt when two Fords collided at 5:43 p.m. Monday at U.S. 33 and Kercher Road.
Goshen police reported that Gabrielle Hickman, 18, 58399 Debra Drive, Goshen, was driving northwest on U.S. 33 and attempted a left turn onto Kercher Road.
Her 2006 Taurus collided with an oncoming 2008 Fusion driven by Susan Rabon, 31, 200 Maple St., Millersburg.
Hickman had back pain after the crash. Damage was estimated at more than $10,000.
Driver has chest pain
One driver was hurt in a car-truck crash at Eighth and Purl streets at 9:05 p.m. March 9.
According to Goshen police, Daniel Rodriguez-Perez, 19, 405 N. Second St., was driving a 2004 Mazda RX-8 north on Eighth Street and Danielle Stewart, 18, 71758 C.R. 29, Syracuse, was driving a 1996 Chevrolet S-10 truck east on Purl Street.
Stewart drove into the path of the car before the crash. She suffered chest pain and was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Damage was set at more than $10,000.
Three-vehicle crash injures one
One driver was hurt in a three-vehicle crash at Main and Monroe streets in Goshen at 5:26 p.m. March 8.
According to Goshen police, two vehicles stopped for a turning vehicle that crossed the lane ahead, but a third driver was unable to stop and crashed into the rear of a second car, pushing it into a third.
Tyler Riegsecker, 21, 64900 Apple Lane, and Joyce E. Burris, 50, 606 S. Sixth St., Goshen, were stopped because of a turning vehicle ahead.
Hannah Reed, 18, 18197 C.R. 46, Goshen, was unable to stop her 1996 Ford and struck Riegsecker’s Jeep Cherokee, pushing it into the Burris Chrysler.
Burris had neck pain and was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Damage was estimated at more than $10,000.Ma
Van rolls over
A Goshen man was hurt in a two-vehicle crash at U.S. 33 and Eisenhower Drive at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Goshen police, Anthony Powers, 36, 3308 Blackfoot Court, Fort Wayne, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Express van northwest on U.S. 33 and attempted a left turn into a private drive.
The van was struck head-on by a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Dennis Kimpel, 65, 66051 C.R. 31, Goshen, and the van rolled onto its side.
Powers was not hurt. Kimpel was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of chest pain. Damage was estimated at more than $10,000.