Several motorists were hurt in recent automobile crashes:
• One driver was hurt in a two-car crash on U.S. 33 near C.R. 26 at 5:35 p.m. Friday.
Goshen police said Patricia Kron, 72, 2926 Elkhart Road, Goshen, was driving a 1992 Buick Century northwest on U.S. 33 and Brooke Atherton, 34, 58371 Crystal Springs Court, Goshen, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu northwest on U.S. 33. The Kron vehicle collided with the rear of the Chevrolet, police reported.
Kron had head pain as a result of the crash. Goshen police cited Kron for having expired vehicle registration.
• One person was hurt in a single-car crash at 5:20 p.m. Saturday on C.R. 42 east of C.R. 31.
Elkhart County police said a 2000 Chevrolet truck driven by Lucinda Yoder, 18, Bremen, was headed east on C.R. 42 when the driver lost control on the icy roadway. The truck went off the road and into an embankment on the south side of the road. The driver was not hurt. A passenger, Ruth Chupp, 35, Nappanee, had head pain and was taken to the IU Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• Elkhart County police were called to a single-vehicle crash at 6:41 a.m. Sunday on C.R. 42, north of C.R. 142.
Police said Brandy Hernandez, 32, Bremen, was driving a 2001 Dodge Stratus west on C.R. 42 when she lost control of the car and it went off the road at 18044 C.R. 42. The car struck a large pine tree before continuing another 200 feet.
The driver was taken to IU Goshen Hospital for treatment of head and neck pain.
Local police arrested several people recently on battery-related charges:
• Goshen police were called to the IU Goshen Hospital at 9 p.m. Sunday to investigate a reported battery incident. After an initial investigation, police went to a home in the 400 block of South Fifth Street where they found Christopher Bontrager, 28, 2106 1/2 Bashor Road, and arrested him on a charge of domestic battery, a Class D felony. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Elkhart County police arrested Jeffery Bigler, 37, 58741 Max Drive, Goshen, after they were called to Bigler’s resident at 5 p.m. Saturday. Bigler was arrested on a charge of domestic battery, a Class D felony, and was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Employees of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, reported to Goshen police at 8:42 p.m. Sunday that three young men shoplifted items valued at $170 from the store. The youths fled the store before police arrived.
• Goshen police received a report of criminal mischief from Robin Soto, 38, 105 S. Cottage Ave., Goshen, on Sunday. Soto said someone broke out a front window of the home with a BB gun between 8 and 8:50 p.m. Sunday.
• Elkhart County police stopped a vehicle driven by Earle L. Snover, 53, LaGrange, on Hively Avenue west of Ind. 19, at 11:35 p.m. Friday due to a traffic violation. Police arrested Snover and a passenger, Black McCrory, 30, Granger, on charges of possession of marijuana, a Class D felony.
• Billy Ray Belt, 50, 1502 Berkey Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop on C.R. 28, east of C.R. 9, at 7:22 p.m. Saturday. Belt was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Police News
Person injured in fall at Goshen business
Someone has been injured in a fall at Hoosier Interior Doors along Goshen’s East Lincoln Avenue.
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- More Police News Headlines
- Person injured in fall at Goshen business