THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — Elkhart County police are looking into a report that drugs may have been improperly handled.
On Feb. 21, staff at IU Health Goshen, 200 West High Park Ave., told police that narcotic vials in the care of a fire department had been tampered with and possibly had the contents removed without authorization. Police confirmed Friday that the case involves Concord Township Fire Department.
Police said the case is still being investigated.
• Mary Ann Moman, Indianapolis, told Goshen police Friday that someone obtained her credit card number while she was staying at the Hampton Inn, 1968 Lincolnway East. The credit card number was then used minutes later to make a purchase without Moman’s consent.
• Shkema Allen, 36, 1447 Peabody Court, St. Louis, Mo., was arrested Friday after allegedly trying to shoplift at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Loss prevention staff at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, told Goshen police that two females stole items at the store and fled when confronted by employees. The stolen items were recovered.
• Eric Bice, 22, 221 Queen St., was arrested by Goshen police Saturday on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a child. The incident reportedly occurred around 2:16 a.m. at Bice’s home. Bice was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Charolett Estes, 45, 910 Wilson Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Friday on a charge of leaving a crash scene. The crash, which involved injuries, occurred shortly before 6 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Main St. Estes was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
The following motorists were arrested, and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Nicholas J. Himes, 35, 1606 Tippecanoe Drive, Apt. A1, Warsaw, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:30 a.m. Saturday at Burdick and 14th streets. In addition to the OWI, Himes was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana.
• Nevin A. Ennis, 19, 2105 Yorktown Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Saturday at Mill Race Park on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The police report lists the time of the incident as 12:22. Ennis was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Jessica Scholl, 1219 Chicago Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police the tire of her vehicle was punctured with a knife while the automobile was parked in her driveway.
• Emmon Schmucker of Goshen told Goshen police that damage was done to his vehicle Friday while the automobile was in the parking lot at 116 S. Third St.
• Mario Mayorga-Jaquez, 22, Goshen, told Goshen police that someone damaged the rear window of the vehicle he was in at 215 S. Riverside Blvd. The incident occurred around 11 p.m. Friday.