Goshen police arrested two men after a traffic stop in the 700 block of North Greene Road Thursday.
The incident took place around 12:46 p.m. Police said passenger Shawn Larrison, 25, 52626 Mark St., South Bend, fled the scene but was apprehended several minutes later. He was taken into custody on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
The driver of the vehicle, Erik Harbin, 31, 1218 Dodge Ave., Mishawaka, was arrested on charges of assisting a criminal and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Both men were incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Paul Fields, 21769 C.R. 45, Goshen, told Elkhart County police that someone forced open a barn door at his property and entered the building. Fields was unsure if anything was stolen, police reported. A mailbox on the property was also knocked off a wood anchor post. The incident occurred between noon Monday and 8:45 a.m. Thursday.
• Samuel Judd of Goshen told Goshen police Thursday that someone was using his identification to secure a tax refund.
• Brandi Hans of Elkhart told Goshen police that someone entered her vehicle Thursday and stole her wallet. The theft occurred at 1206 Eisenhower Drive South.
• Bryan E. Danner, 34, 516 W. Wolf St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police Thursday after allegedly trying to shoplift at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Elkhart County police reported that a 17-year-old girl struck a 15-year-old girl in the head multiple times Wednesday at Fairfield Junior-Senior High School, 67530 U.S. 33. The attack occurred around 12:55 p.m.
Javier Gonzalez, 32, 124 N. Jefferson St., Cromwell, was arrested by Goshen police in the 1000 block of Michigan Avenue Thursday on a charge of resisting law enforcement. Gonzalez was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Goshen police were called to Brookside Manor Thursday regarding a 4-year-old boy who was outside by himself. Police made contact with the boy’s mother.