Goshen police reported they were called at 2:08 p.m. Monday to a Wilson Street address on a report of a person attempting suicide. The person was taken to IU Health Goshen and officers obtained a 24-hour emergency commitment for the person.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Brittany Wise, 407 Cross St., Goshen, told Goshen police a window to her home and shed were broken at approximately 9 a.m. Oct. 17.
• Mary Timmons, 2628 Ashton Pines Drive, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Monday night that someone damaged her lawn chairs. Billie Dohse, same address, reported her lawn chairs were stolen. The chairs were later recovered.
• The stop sign at Wilkinson and Main streets in Goshen was reported as damaged to Goshen police at 8:40 a.m. Sunday.
• A staff member at First Assembly of God, 1706 W. Plains Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the church property at 4:57 p.m. Sunday.
• Jose De Jesus Gomez-Lopez, 29, 707 Marilyn Ave., Ligonier, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of never receiving a drive license during a traffic stop at Eighth Street and E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, at 2:07 p.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Misael Sandoval, 18, 600 I Lane Apt. 18, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving while never having received an operator’s license and on Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department warrant during a traffic stop at C.R. 17, south of C.R. 20 in Goshen at 6:09 a.m. Monday. He was incarcerated at th Elkhart County jail.
• Thomas Bennett, 23, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police in the 200 block of North Fifth Street at 10:26 p.m. Monday on charges of resisting law enforcement and false informing. Bennett was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Goshen police reported they arrested a Goshen High School student at 2:04 p.m. Monday on a charge of possessing drug paraphernalia. The student was released to the custody of their parent.