THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A rural Goshen homeowner reported to Elkhart County police Sunday that someone shot her house three times at 8:06 p.m.
Amy Magellanes, 20248 C.R. 19, told police the person drove past her residence and shot her house with a gun and then shot it again twice with a BB gun, causing two dents and one hole in the side of her residence.
Several auto collisions were reported to local police agencies recently. They include:
• A passenger was injured in a motorcycle crash Saturday.
LaGrange County police said a 2007 Suzuki driven by Julio Garcia-Duran, 35, Fort Wayne, collided with a deer on Ind. 9, south of C.R. 300 South. The passenger, Celia Garcia, 39, Fort Wayne, was transported to Parkview LaGrange Hospital for treatment of an arm injury.
• A passenger was injured in a two-vehicle collision Sunday at C.R. 28, west of C.R. 17 near Goshen. The crash occurred at 3 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Paula Mitchell, 46, Goshen, rear-ended the 2005 GMC Yukon driven by Eliseo Rodriguez Abrica, 63, Elkhart. Erlinda Rodriguez Abrica, 49, Elkhart, was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of pain to neck. Mitchell was ticked for an unsafe start.
• David Munoz-Rangel, Goshen, reported to Goshen police at 3:30 p.m. Sunday that another vehicle struck his car in the 600 block of South Seventh St. and the driver left the scene.
• Charles J. Schueneman reported to Elkhart County police that he was in a private parking lot at 18541 U.S. 20 at 6:41 a.m. Monday when a semi-trailer struck his Honda Pilot and left the scene.
Window peeper reported
• A 57-year-old Goshen woman told Goshen police a male was looking into a window of a residence at 2414 W. Clinton St., Goshen, at 10:03 p.m. Sunday.
Found property reports
• Lowell Defrees, 310 Egbert Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police he found a mo-ped behind his residence and was unable to locate the owner. The mo-ped was confiscated by police.
Officer reports battery
Goshen police officer Mark Clere reported he arrested Luis KAngel Gonzalez Mendoza, 29, 213 Crescent St., at 10:37 Monday on charges of battery on a police officer and resisting arrest.
Clere reported he stopped Mendoza near the intersection of South Eight Street and E. Jefferson Street before the arrest was made. Clere was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
Invasion of privacy
• Jonathon Anglemyer, 25, 519 New York St., Apt. 3, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 6:36 p.m. Saturday at his residence on a charge of violating a protection order. He was booked into the county jail.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Tim Hunyh reported to Elkhart County police Sunday that someone burglarized his business, DMT J Tires, 53788 C.R. 9, Elkhart.
• Dexter Moore, 20, 411 S. Sixth St., Elkhart, was arrested for theft at 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen at 1:59 p.m. Sunday. He was transported to Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to an attempted burglary at Keystone RV, 2833 Sourwood Drive, Goshen, at 10:10 p.m. Sunday.
• A Goshen male told Elkhart County police someone used his Sam’s Club credit card without his permission to purchase a Dell Laptop computer and have it delivered to his residence sometime Friday.
• Ronald Burdette, 23085 C.R. 30, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole a cell phone and iPod from his residence between 12:30 and 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Latanya D. Smith, Elkhart, reported to Goshen police that her wallet was stolen from her vehicle while it ws parked at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road at 3:30 p.m. Monday.
• Terri Tuner, Goshen, reported Tuesday morning to Goshen police that someone stole items from her vehicle, including the vehicle registration and gasoline.
• Jeffrey Alheim, 34, 1208 Brixworth Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11 p.m. Saturday at his residence on a charge of domestic battery. He was booked into the county jail.
Goshen police reported they were called at 2:08 p.m. Monday to a Wilson Street address on a report of a person attempting suicide. The person was taken to IU Health Goshen and officers obtained a 24-hour emergency commitment for the person.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Brittany Wise, 407 Cross St., Goshen, told Goshen police a window to her home and shed were broken at approximately 9 a.m. Oct. 17.
• Mary Timmons, 2628 Ashton Pines Drive, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Monday night that someone damaged her lawn chairs. Billie Dohse, same address, reported her lawn chairs were stolen. The chairs were later recovered.
• The stop sign at Wilkinson and Main streets in Goshen was reported as damaged to Goshen police at 8:40 a.m. Sunday.
• A staff member at First Assembly of God, 1706 W. Plains Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the church property at 4:57 p.m. Sunday.
• Jose De Jesus Gomez-Lopez, 29, 707 Marilyn Ave., Ligonier, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of never receiving a drive license during a traffic stop at Eighth Street and E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, at 2:07 p.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Misael Sandoval, 18, 600 I Lane Apt. 18, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving while never having received an operator’s license and on Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department warrant during a traffic stop at C.R. 17, south of C.R. 20 in Goshen at 6:09 a.m. Monday. He was incarcerated at th Elkhart County jail.
• Thomas Bennett, 23, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police in the 200 block of North Fifth Street at 10:26 p.m. Monday on charges of resisting law enforcement and false informing. Bennett was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Goshen police reported they arrested a Goshen High School student at 2:04 p.m. Monday on a charge of possessing drug paraphernalia. The student was released to the custody of their parent.
• Cari Charles, 34, 410 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:55 p.m. Saturday following a traffic stop in the 100 block of East Madison Street on charges of synthetic identity deception, false informing, possession of paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. She was booked into the county jail.
• Jason Schlabach, 20, Goshen, and Lonnie Lehman, 18, Middlebury, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage at 12:08 p.m. Sunday at 1906 Lincolnway East, Goshen. They were released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Antonio Huerta, 23, 709 Bayberry Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of hashish oil over two grams and possession of paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic violation at Dierdorff Road and College Avenue at 1:17 a.m. Monday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male was released to his parent by Goshen police after a traffic stop was made at Main and Jefferson streets in Goshen at 2:36 a.m. Monday. The male was on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Officers at Elkhart Community Corrections Facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, allegedly found Joseph Parris, 37, currently assigned at the facility, with marijuana. A case of possession of Marijuana was filed for the incident that occurred at 11:35 p.m. Friday.
• Salvador Ramirez, 21, 420 E. Purl St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:15 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Eighth and Purl streets on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving while never having received a driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.
• Marco Camilo, 31, 919 Colonial Manor Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:05 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of East Clinton Street on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Oscar Sanchez-Rosales, 27, 106 East St., Milford, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:23 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Main Street and Lincoln Avenue on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving while never having received a driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.
• Raymond Williams, 68, 201 N. Studebaker, South Bend, was involved in a single vehicle crash at the intersection of U.S. 33 and U.S. 6 at 10:46 p.m. Saturday. He was arrested by Elkhart County police for driving while intoxicated and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Michael Ianigro, 48, 54136 Pebblestone Lane, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving while intoxicated after being involved in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Ind. 4 and Ind. 13 at 12:15 a.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.