THE GOSHEN NEWS
Work release man reported AWOL
One man is considered AWOL by third-shift staff at the 201 Cottage Ave. work release center after he did not return after he was released for work, according to Elkhart County police. He was reported AWOL at 2:15 a.m. Monday.
• Elsa Castaneda, 356 Stone Drive, Elkhart, reported her purse, along with its contents, stolen from her 2001 Mazda MPV while it was parked at 24402 C.R. 45 on Oct. 11, between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to Elkhart County police. She said someone broke out her passenger-side window to take the purse.
• Officials with Goshen First United Methodist Church, 214 S. Fifth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a ladder from church property at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• Matthew R. Thompson, Goshen, told Goshen police a prescription medication was stolen from his vehicle while parked at his place of employment, 910 Eisenhower Drive, Goshen, at 2:50 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Goshen man told Goshen police he was robbed at gunpoint at 8:58 p.m. Tuesday while in the parking lot of an apartment complex at 2512 W. Clinton Ave., Goshen. The incident remains under investigation.
• Anthony Amaya, 702 S. Eighth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a stereo speaker from his open garage at 11:51 p.m. Tuesday.
• Tana Parson, an employee with Bashor Children’s Home, reported a 10-year-old male resident strangled another 13-year-old resident around 5:30 p.m. Monday, according to Elkhart County police. There were no signs of injury from the incident.
• Kevin Williams, 38, 613 Noelwood Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:47 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Main and Hackett on a charge of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.