THE GOSHEN NEWS
A four-vehicle, chain-reaction rear-end crash injured a driver Monday at U.S. 33 and Keystone Drive.
The collision occurred at 2:44 p.m. Goshen police said a 2000 Toyota Camry driven by Jonathan C. Mark, 21, Albany, Ore., collided with the rear of a 1998 Chevrolet K1500 truck driven by Eugene D. Bryant, 57, Goshen.
The crash caused the Chevrolet to collide with the rear of a 1998 Honda CR-V driven by Michale E. Hart, 49, Goshen. The Honda then struck the rear of a vehicle that was driven from the crash scene before police arrived.
Hart suffered neck pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
Driver hurt in crash at Lincoln and Riverside
A two-vehicle collision injured a driver Tuesday at Lincoln Avenue and Riverside Boulevard.
The crash occurred a 4:05 p.m., Goshen police reported. A 2006 Jeep Liberty driven by Teresa Flora, 47, Goshen, collided with a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Larry Lawson, 72, Goshen.
Flora suffered neck pain as a result of the crash.
• Renee L. Frost, 1111 W. Wilkinson St., Goshen, told Goshen police items were stolen from out of her vehicle while parked at her residence at approximately 4:50 p.m. Wednesday.
• A 17-year-old female was arrested by Goshen police at 8:17 p.m. Thursday while at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, on a charge of theft. She was released to her parent.
• Bruce White, 54, 53924 C.R. 39, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone entered his home between 9 a.m. Oct. 12 and 5 p.m. Oct. 13 and stole a .38 caliber revolver with shoulder holster, a box of .38 caliber ammunition and a roll of quarters.
• Esther Hershberger, 21901 C.R. 45, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole metal fence posts and a blade for pulling behind a tractor from her property between 4 p.m. Tuesday and 4 p.m. Wednesday. Hershberger also reported that six checks were taken from the Concord Excavating and Pumping business, located on the same property, and used to make unauthorized purchases.
• Carol Lee, 22023 C.R. 36, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered her home at approximately 12:20 p.m. Wednesday and stole several electronic items.
• Taylor Oberlin, 18, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone broke into her vehicle while parked at 64985 C.R. 33, Goshen, between 10:30 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday and removed an in-dash CD player, a cell phone and a wallet.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home alternative school, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a juvenile male student shoved him and threw a desk chair down the school hallway between 12:15 and 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sara Cassidy, 68458 Main St., New Paris, told Elkhart County police her 8-year-old son was struck in the head with a baseball bat by an unknown person in the alley next to her residence at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• John L. Nelson, Goshen, told Goshen police someone put pieces of metal down the oil tube of his blue Honda scooter at 5:30 p.m. Thursday while in the 2400 block of East Kercher Road, Goshen.
• Henry Pacheco, 20, 114 Huron St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 6:41 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of C.R. 29 and C.R. 46 in New Paris on charges of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license, reckless driving, illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.