Authorities say the driver who hit Marks stopped at the scene.
Spencer says prosecutors will decide whether the teenager will face charges.
Fire destroysTopeka garage
Topeka firefighters battled a garage blaze early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were called to 7060 W. 665 South shortly before 1 a.m. They arrived to find the 22-by-32 foot detached garage, which was about five feet from the residence, engulfed in flames.
The fire was under control by 1:15 a.m. Firefighters said the garage was a total loss, while damage to the home was contained to the siding and insulation in an attic area. No one was injured in the blaze, firefighters reported.
Topeka firefighters were assisted at the scene by units from the Shipshewana Fire Department and Parkview Emergency Medical Services personnel.
• Gerardo Gomez, 16, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop Monday at the intersection of Beaver Lane and Roc Lane. Police said he was found to be driving a vehicle that had just been reported as stolen in Goshen. Gomez was arrested on charges of automobile theft, possession of marijuana, and driving while his driving privileges were suspended.
Gomez was released to his parents on a promise to appear in juvenile court.
• Jesus Olvera, 1637 Harrison Ridge Lane, Goshen, told Elkhart County police that someone stole a Borden Wast Away trash can in front of his residence between 6 p.m. March 19 and 5 a.m. March 20.
• Brittani Trasper told Goshen police Tuesday that her wallet was stolen inside the Speedway gas station at 1906 Lincolnway East, Goshen.
• Debra Merrill, 218 Stonewall Court, Nappanee, was taken into custody by Nappanee police after allegedly trying to shoplift at Martin’s Supermarket Monday. She was released on a promise to appear in Nappanee City Court.
• Staff at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, said a 16-year-old boy struck a 15-year-old boy with his fist around 7:15 p.m. Monday.