Elkhart County police are investigating two burglaries that occurred northwest of Goshen Wednesday. The burglaries took place within about a mile of each other.
Police said one burglary was committed sometime before 6 p.m. in the 23000 block of Marydale Drive, west of C.R. 15 and south of C.R. 26. Entry was made through an exterior door, and several firearms were stolen.
The other burglary took place between 2 and 2:30 p.m. in the 59000 block of C.R. 13, between C.R.s 24 and 26. Police said an exterior door was forced open and several items were taken.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to call the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department Detective Bureau by calling 574-891-2300, or by clicking on the “Submit a Tip” button located at the top of the sheriff’s department Facebook page.
• Richard McCreary, 204 East Lincoln Ave., told Goshen police that someone took prescription pills from his home March 14.
• Ruth Hochstetler of Goshen told Goshen police Wednesday that someone else is using her Social Security number.
• An 8-year-old male student at Orchard View Elementary School, 56734 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, has been repeatedly stealing from the classroom, according to an Elkhart County police report.
• Erin Hamman told Elkhart County police that someone took a wallet from Better Way Products, 70891 C.R. 23, New Paris, Tuesday.
• Prescription pills were stolen from a locked cabinet at Oaklawn, 209 Lakeview Drive, it was reported to Goshen police Wednesday.
• Jordan Moore, 508 N. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police Wednesday that items were taken from his vehicle while the automobile was parked at his residence.
• Donald Shepherd, 44, 212 New St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Wednesday at Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., on a charge of criminal conversion. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Marilyn Barringer of Goshen reported the theft of her prescription medication to Goshen police Wednesday.