THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
A driver was injured in a two-vehicle crash at Ind. 15 and Michigan Road in Goshen. The collision occurred at 12:56 p.m. Thursday. Elkhart County police said a 2002 GMC Sonoma driven by Justin Gorball, 39, Elkhart, crashed into the rear end of a 2004 Dodge Dakota driven by Ronda Baer, 46, Goshen. An empty pop bottle had rolled on the driver side floorboard and underneath the accelerator, Gorball told police. He took his eyes off the road and reached down to get the bottle. Baer was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of neck pain. No citations were issued.
One hurt in collision
A passenger was injured in a two-vehicle collision Friday at C.R. 40 at C.R. 7. The crash occurred at 11:31 p.m. Elkhart County police said a 2003 Buick Rendezvous driven by Thelma S. Jackson, 61, Elkhart, collided with a vehicle driven by Jose Galeano, 21, Goshen. A passenger, Mamie Harris, 66, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of back pain. Jackson was ticketed for failure to yield right of way.
Police eye home improvement scams
Elkhart County police is seeking information from people who may have been victims of recent home improvement scams involving tree cutting work. Purporting to be workers from a legitimate tree cutting service named Northcutt Tree Service, the suspects used a variation of this name and went under the business name of North-cut Tree & Shrub.
The suspects, who are currently in jail on other charges, used this tree cutting service to scam the elderly by overcharging for their services for little to no work being done. Anyone who may have been a victim of this scam is encouraged to call the Elkhart County police at 574-533-4151.
Leaving scene of crash reports
• Betty Swoveland, Goshen, told Goshen police a green Ford Mustang collided into the rear of her vehicle causing damage in the 1500 block of Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 4:43 p.m. Friday. She told police the female driver stated she didn’t have a driver’s license and left the scene. The incident is still under investigation.
• Tyler Owens, 2400 W. Clinton St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone removed a left front grill LED light and left rear door window molding from his vehicle during the overnight hours Thursday.
• Jerry Purdue, 315 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a window air conditioner between 2 and 8 a.m. Friday.
• Steven Kennel, 2717 Evergreen Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a laptop computer at midnight June 24.
• Bre-anna Bonse, 2932 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her 2000 Chevy Malibu between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. Friday.
• Lori Shepherd, Goshen, told Goshen police someone fraudulently used her bank card information and made a purchase without her permission at 12:01 Wednesday.
•Stacy Dechnik, Goshen, told Goshen police someone uses her bank card information to make fraudulent transactions without her permission at 8 a.m. Thursday.
• Jessica Bainter, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made several unauthorized withdrawals from her account during the month.
Vandalism/criminal mishcief reports
• Amado Lagunas, 911 N. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged one of his house windows at 5:30 a.m. Friday.