Thefts, burglaries reported
The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police
• Sheila Jackson, 713 1/2 S. 11th St., Goshen, told city police someone broke into her residence and stole a TV and laptop computer Friday.
• An employee of CVS, 410 S. Main St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone entered the store and left without paying for a bottle Jim Beam around 1:07 a.m. Saturday.
• Juan Loya, 409 S. Tenth St., of Goshen, reported a theft to Goshen police that occurred at approximately 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
A Milford resident entered a guilty plea in U.S. District Court on conspiracy to distribute marijuana and sentencing has been set for April 4, 2013.
According to the U.S. Attorney’s office at South Bend, the charges on Hayle Doty, 24, of Milford, were filed as a result of an investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration and the La Porte County Prosecutor’s Office. This case is being prosecuted by the Assistant United Sates Attorney William Grimmer.
• Gary Pletcher, 44, 22061 C.R. 28, Goshen, was stopped by Goshen police in the vehicle he was driving in the 100 block of Chicago Avenue shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday. He was reportedly found to be in possession of marijuana. Pletcher was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
The following motorists were arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
• Courtney D. Huston, 23, 136 EMS T 48, of Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at 2:21 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Elkhart Road.
• Keean Patrick Pries, 21, 405 B. Noelwood Drive, of Goshen, was arrestedby Goshen police after at traffic stop at 2:22 a.m. Saturday in the area of Lee and Sheridan.