Driver flees from police
The driver of a vehicle fled from police on foot after Goshen police attempted to make a traffic stop near South 10th and Purl streets at 6:21 p.m. Tuesday.
The driver fled near South Ninth and Monroe streets.
• An employee at Low Bobs, 434 W. Pike St., Goshen, reported receiving a counterfeit bill at 3:19 p.m. Tuesday. The counterfeit bill was seized for evidence, according to Goshen police.
• Tiffany R. Cedeno Ramirez, 308 1/2 S. Seventh St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police a theft from her vehicle between 6 p.m. Monday and sometime Tuesday.
• Janet Teghtmeyer of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole from her vehicle while it was parked somewhere in Goshen at approximately 10:17 a.m. Tuesday.
• An employee of Courtyard Health Care, 2400 College Ave., Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone stole jewelry belonging to a resident at approximately 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Mary Muniz, 701 S. Ninth St., Goshen, reported a theft from her vehicle at approximately midnight Monday to Goshen police.
• Craig Webb, 118 Blackport Drive Apt. B, Goshen reported to Goshen police someone stole several items from his residence at approximately 5 a.m. Tuesday.
• Noah Beachy, 17278 C.R. 44, Elkhart, reported to Elkhart County police at 9:15 a.m. Monday someone stole $600 from his bank account at approximately midnight Nov. 22.
• Deborah Cotton, 68080 Division St., New Paris, told Elkhart County police at 11:50 a.m. Monday someone stole $262.05 from her small business bank account from Friday through Monday.
• Anthony James of Elkhart told Elkhart County police at approximately 3:48 p.m. Monday someone made $88.44 worth of purchases on his debit card without his permission between Oct. 22 and Nov. 13.
• Danny Joe Landis, 22368 C.R. 36, Goshen, told Elkhart County police at approximately 2 p.m. Tuesday someone removed a weather am/FM radio from his 1998 Ford F150 4x4 at his residence sometime between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 7:10 Sunday.
Ranita Holloway, 23, 475 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on domestic battery and resisting law enforcement at 3:08 a.m. Wednesday.
• A staffer at Bashor Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police of being battered by an 11-year-old male student at approximately 10:30 a.m. Monday.
• According to Elkhart County police, a 15-year-old male was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center on charges of battery and disorderly conduct after reportedly punching a 16-year-old male student in the face causing severe pain and bleeding at Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart at approximately 7:50 a.m. Tuesday.
Driver flees from police
- Police News
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- More Police News Headlines