THE GOSHEN NEWS
Two local drivers were injured in one-vehicle crashes this weekend.
• Aaron Hargrove, 32, of Goshen was traveling eastbound on C.R. 18, west of C.R. 19 at 6:34 p.m. Saturday when a deer ran in front of his 2005 Honda. According to Elkhart County police, he swerved to miss the deer and ran off the south side of the street. He was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for shoulder pain from his seatbelt, head and leg pain. No law enforcement action was taken.
• Steven Briskie, 39, of Elkhart was driving westbound on C.R. 16 at 1:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Elkhart County police, when his 2002 Ford Explorer drifted off the roadway on the north side of the road. Police said Briskie over-corrected and travelled across C.R. 16 and collided with a tree on the southside of C.R. 16. He was transported to Memorial Hospital for head injuries.
Driver reportedly leaves scene of crash
• Stephen Sailor, 1715 Elizabeth St., Elkhart, reported to Goshen police that he was traveling west on Pike St. at 11:05 p.m. Saturday. A driver in a tractor trailer next to him crossed into his lane and struck the driver’s side of his vehicle and left the area.
• Geneva Mosurak, 216 N. Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her purse from her vehicle while parked at her residence at approximately 2 p.m. Saturday.
• James Bacon, 203 E. Garfield St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone stole his license plate at approximately 10:36 a.m. Saturday.
• Gary Gard, 500 Mercer Ave., Goshen, reported to Goshen police his 2004 Volkswagen was broken into while parked at 500 Mercer Ave., between 8 a.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. Sunday. Several items were stolen, he said.
• Carla Bocanegra, 412 E. Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a gray and maroon girls mountain bicycle from her residence Saturday.
• Goshen police observed a large fight in the parking lot of McKees Pub, 1914 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 1:31 a.m. Sunday. Once on the scene, officers found that some of those involved had fled.
• John French, 506 Glenwood Drive, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Saturday someone spray painted graffiti on his yard barn.
• Employees at IU Health Goshen Hospital, 200 W. High Park Ave., Goshen told Goshen police Saturday someone knocked over a stop sign belonging to the hospital at 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Travis Drake, 34, 23039 Heaton, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police during a traffic stop in the 900 block of W. Pike St., Goshen, at 5:57 p.m. Saturday. Travis was arrested for driving with a suspended license and released with a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Jennifer Rodriguez, 35, 57817 Westport Lane, Elkhart, was stopped by Goshen police in the 2300 block of Elkhart Road, Goshen, for driving left of center and swerving in and out of the lane at 2:55 a.m. Sunday. Rodriguez was found to intoxicated and was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Michael Woolf, 39, 414 S. Cottage Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated in the 300 block S. Cottage Ave., Goshen at 6:45 p.m. Saturday. Woolf was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.