THE GOSHEN NEWS
Two women were injured in a two-vehicle crash at U.S. 20, east of C.R. 35 in Middlebury Wednesday. The crash occurred at 5:47 p.m. Elkhart County police said a 1992 Ford Econoline driven by Jane Boss, 21, Colton Ore., collided with the back of a 2000 International Truck driven by Gerado Valdez, 52, Chicago, Ill., who had slowed down to stop for a light. Boss was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of neck pain and lacerations to her face and a 49-year-old passenger in the vehicle was treated for pain to back and legs. Boss was ticketed for following too closely.
One hurt in single-vehicle wreck
A driver was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of chest pain in a single-vehicle crash at C.R. 17, north of Ind. 119 in Goshen. The crash occurred at 2:57 p.m. Wednesday. Elkhart County police said a 1997 Ford F150 driven by John Freshour, 43, Elkhart, veered off the road and collided with a barrier separating north and south traffic on C.R. 17 after being over corrected. No enforcement action was taken.
Search for wanted persons end with arrests
The efforts of Elkhart County police paid off in the early hours Monday with the arrest of Daniel Ross, 40, 2250 Cassopolis Road, Elkhart, on a charge of dealing in cocaine, according to a press release.
Several police participated in a countywide search for individuals with warrants for their arrest for serious crimes such as drug charges or violent offenses. Even though arrests were not made on all the subjects targeted, police said they gained valuable information that will be used in the future to help locate wanted subjects.
Similar initiatives will be conducted in the future to locate those with warrants that have not been served.
• Ted Larson, 425 E. Washington St., Millersburg, told Elkhart County police Tuesday someone stole approximately $17,000 in auto mechanic tools from his residence between Jan. 4 and Feb. 14.
• Teresa Beck, 1817 Tiffany Court, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle at 11:38 a.m. Wednesday.
• Patty Gum, S. 1525 Tenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole flower pots at her residence at 8 a.m. June 21.
• Patricia Baylor, 1311 Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole two bicycles from her residence at approximately 8 p.m. June 2.
• Virginia Monge, 1311 Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a Federal Express package and an iPod at approximately 8 a.m. June 7.
• Ponciano Cortez, 1110 Jed Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone gained entry to his storage shed and stole several items at 4:54 p.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Goshen police responded to the 500 block of Glenwood Drive in Goshen after it was reported that multiple homes in the area had been spray painted with graffiti at approximately 11 p.m. Tuesday.
• A staff member at Bashor’s Home for Children, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a juvenile student was battered on the left side of his face and right elbow at 9:20 a.m. Tuesday.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• A Community Corrections officer at the Elkhart County Community Corrections. 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 49-year-old male inmate was allegedly in possession of marijuana. The incident is under investigation by the Elkhart County police.
• Elkhart County police discovered an underage drinking party at 17346 Ind. 4 in Goshen at 1:26 a.m. Tuesday. Jordan Gingerich, 18, and Kelly Harris, 20, were cited for illegal consumption of alcoholic beverage. Two juveniles were released to their parents.
• Goshen police conducted an investigation at Roger’s Park, 102 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 6:05 p.m. Wednesday. Police arrested Larry Bowens, 38, 56262 Burr St., Elkhart (homeless) on a Goshen City warrant and transported to the Elkhart County jail. Police said a 17-year-old juvenile was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and resisting arrest. Police said another juvenile was arrested for possession of Paraphernalia and both juveniles were released to their parents. A third juvenile was cited and released with a court date for possession of tobacco by a minor.
• Stacy L. Leedy, 25, 702 1/2 N. Sixth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and never receiving a valid driver’s license during a traffic stop in the 300 block of W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, at 8:45 p.m. Wednesday. She was released with a court date.
• Raymundo Muro, 34, 65808 New Dawn Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence and never received a valid driver’s license at 7:05 p.m. Saturday. Muro crashed a white Cadillac into the electric fence at the residence of Rick Yontz, 16087 C.R. 138, Elkhart. Muro was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Kathleen A. Pierce, 35, 19072 Old C.R. 17, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and cocaine, and possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop at U.S. 33 and C.R. 13 in Elkhart at 2:37 a.m. Saturday. She was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Rolando Torres-Castro, 39, 702 1/2 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop in the 300 block of N. Ninth St., Goshen, at 7:20 p.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Michael Whitaker, 30, 302 S. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the area of Lincolnway East and Eisenhower Drive in Goshen at 11:15 p.m. Tuesday. Whitaker was stopped by police on his mo-ped for drifting back and forth across multiple lanes of travel. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
Elkhart County police found a gold Mongoose bicycle was found on C.R. 28, east of C.R. 13 in Goshen at 1:43 p.m. Tuesday.