Brake failure leads to wreck
A Goshen woman was injured in a two-car collision on U.S. Hwy 33 and Arlene Avenue in Goshen. The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday according to Elkhart County police. Amber Breden, 23, Elkhart, was traveling east on Arlene Avenue, when the brakes failed on her 1995 Ford Mustang. She went through the stop sign and collided with the 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Kesha Eicher, 24, Goshen. Eicher was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with complaint of back pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $1,600 in merchandise at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• Karrie R. Foltz, 202 Dewey Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a child’s bicycle from the residence between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday..
• The owner of Home Again Resale, 120 N. Main St., Goshen, reported a fraud to obtain property to Goshen police April 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen Middle School reported to Goshen police of finding graffiti in a girl’s bathroom stall at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• David A. Charles, 36, 425 Douglas St., LaGrange County, was arrested by Noble County and Ligonier police on a charge of invasion of privacy at 2 a.m. Thursday.