Brake failure leads to wreck
A Goshen woman was injured in a two-car collision on U.S. Hwy 33 and Arlene Avenue in Goshen. The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday according to Elkhart County police. Amber Breden, 23, Elkhart, was traveling east on Arlene Avenue, when the brakes failed on her 1995 Ford Mustang. She went through the stop sign and collided with the 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Kesha Eicher, 24, Goshen. Eicher was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with complaint of back pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $1,600 in merchandise at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• Karrie R. Foltz, 202 Dewey Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a child’s bicycle from the residence between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday..
• The owner of Home Again Resale, 120 N. Main St., Goshen, reported a fraud to obtain property to Goshen police April 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen Middle School reported to Goshen police of finding graffiti in a girl’s bathroom stall at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• David A. Charles, 36, 425 Douglas St., LaGrange County, was arrested by Noble County and Ligonier police on a charge of invasion of privacy at 2 a.m. Thursday.
Brake failure leads to wreck
- Police News
Two hurt when vehicle collides with Goshen dental office
Two people were hurt when a vehicle crashed into Goshen Family Dentistry, 1625 Sunnyfield Drive, around 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- More Police News Headlines
- Two hurt when vehicle collides with Goshen dental office