Brake failure leads to wreck
A Goshen woman was injured in a two-car collision on U.S. Hwy 33 and Arlene Avenue in Goshen. The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday according to Elkhart County police. Amber Breden, 23, Elkhart, was traveling east on Arlene Avenue, when the brakes failed on her 1995 Ford Mustang. She went through the stop sign and collided with the 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Kesha Eicher, 24, Goshen. Eicher was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with complaint of back pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $1,600 in merchandise at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• Karrie R. Foltz, 202 Dewey Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a child’s bicycle from the residence between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday..
• The owner of Home Again Resale, 120 N. Main St., Goshen, reported a fraud to obtain property to Goshen police April 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen Middle School reported to Goshen police of finding graffiti in a girl’s bathroom stall at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• David A. Charles, 36, 425 Douglas St., LaGrange County, was arrested by Noble County and Ligonier police on a charge of invasion of privacy at 2 a.m. Thursday.
Brake failure leads to wreck
- Police News
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- Motorcyclist dies from crash injuries
- POLICE NEWS: July 14, 2014 David Carranza, 420 Johnston St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole money from his unlocked vehicle while it was parked at his residence at 11 p.m. Friday.
- Several thefts reported Theft/burglary reports• Brent Rheinheimer, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a cellphone from his vehicle at 9 p.m. Thursday while parked at 315 Pringle Drive, Goshen.• Santa Salazar, Goshen, told Goshen police his scooter was stolen at 10 p.m
- More Police News Headlines
- Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area