Brake failure leads to wreck
A Goshen woman was injured in a two-car collision on U.S. Hwy 33 and Arlene Avenue in Goshen. The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday according to Elkhart County police. Amber Breden, 23, Elkhart, was traveling east on Arlene Avenue, when the brakes failed on her 1995 Ford Mustang. She went through the stop sign and collided with the 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Kesha Eicher, 24, Goshen. Eicher was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with complaint of back pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $1,600 in merchandise at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• Karrie R. Foltz, 202 Dewey Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a child’s bicycle from the residence between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday..
• The owner of Home Again Resale, 120 N. Main St., Goshen, reported a fraud to obtain property to Goshen police April 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen Middle School reported to Goshen police of finding graffiti in a girl’s bathroom stall at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• David A. Charles, 36, 425 Douglas St., LaGrange County, was arrested by Noble County and Ligonier police on a charge of invasion of privacy at 2 a.m. Thursday.
Brake failure leads to wreck
- Police News
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- More Police News Headlines