Brake failure leads to wreck
A Goshen woman was injured in a two-car collision on U.S. Hwy 33 and Arlene Avenue in Goshen. The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday according to Elkhart County police. Amber Breden, 23, Elkhart, was traveling east on Arlene Avenue, when the brakes failed on her 1995 Ford Mustang. She went through the stop sign and collided with the 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Kesha Eicher, 24, Goshen. Eicher was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital with complaint of back pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Employees at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $1,600 in merchandise at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
• Karrie R. Foltz, 202 Dewey Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a child’s bicycle from the residence between 8 p.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Tuesday..
• The owner of Home Again Resale, 120 N. Main St., Goshen, reported a fraud to obtain property to Goshen police April 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen Middle School reported to Goshen police of finding graffiti in a girl’s bathroom stall at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• David A. Charles, 36, 425 Douglas St., LaGrange County, was arrested by Noble County and Ligonier police on a charge of invasion of privacy at 2 a.m. Thursday.
Brake failure leads to wreck
- Police News
- Burglary suspect arrested within minutes Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department apprehended a burglary suspect Wednesday morning, just north of Leesburg, within 12 minutes of the crime.
- 2 Elkhart County work release escapees reported Two Goshen men have been listed as escapees from the Elkhart County Work Release Center in Goshen.Elkhart County police reported Tuesday that John A. Eller, 48, was reported as an escapee at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Thomas M. Moser, 35, was reported as an
- Two drivers injured in crash A collision Monday injured two drivers in Goshen, according to Goshen police.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
- More Police News Headlines