A Syracuse man was hurt in a one-vehicle crash Tuesday on Ind. 119, northeast of C.R. 15.
According to Elkhart County police, Coty Miller of Syracuse was driving northeast on Ind. 119 when he swerved to miss a deer at 5 a.m. Tuesday. Miller’s 1997 Saturn SL1 turned sideways and left the road, struck an embankment and overturned twice. He was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital by Goshen medics for a head injury and shoulder pain. The Harrison Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.
• Elkhart County corrections officers reported battery by body fluid when a 15-year-old juvenile spit on them while being detained and placed in confinement at the Elkhart County Courts Building, 315 S. Second St., Elkhart at 9:24 a.m. Monday. According to Elkhart County police, the juvenile was being sentenced for a prior offense in juvenile court. Corrections officers returned the juvenile to Juvenile Detention in lieu of being transferred to the Department of Corrections for his sentencing on the previous charge.
• Ricky Simpson, 56738 Spruce Lane, Elkhart, told Elkhart County police someone burglarized his residence between 4:30 p.m. Nov. 7 and 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Copper from a furnace, a chain saw, an air compressor and several air tools were stolen.
• Djiraibe Adourmadji, 435 S. Silverwood Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his license plate off his vehicle Monday.
• According to Goshen police, Teneishea Wilson, 29, 727 Monroe St., Apt. C, Elkhart, and Jessica Hampton, 24, 685 1/2 Strong Ave., Elkhart, were arrested and jailed for theft after being caught taking property from Walmart and trying to turn it back in for cash at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
• Randy Savoie, Walkerton, told Goshen police someone stole a vehicle from his car lot, Auto Park, 2611 Peddlers Village Road, Goshen, sometime between Friday and Sunday. The vehicle was recovered by Mishawaka police.
• Christine Rogers, 44, 1712 Roc Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of shoplifting at Kohl’s Department Store, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen. Rogers was released on a memorandum to appear in Goshen City Court at a later date.
• Andrew Glick, 1613 S. Eight St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his bicycle from the porch of his residence Tuesday.
• Megan Fleming, Goshen, told Goshen police someone spray painted graffiti on several garages in the 1200 block of south Eighth Street on Aug. 1 at approximately 8 a.m.
• Larry Stark, 1722 Graceland Ct., Goshen, told Goshen police someone painted graffiti on the eastside of his residence between 2 a.m. Sunday and 5 p.m. Monday.
• Brock Hawthorne, 34, 8338 E. McClintic, Goshen was stopped for a traffic violation on U.S. 33, north of C.R. 138, Goshen, at approximately 1:45 p.m., Monday. According to Elkhart County police, Hawthorne was found to be driving with a suspended license. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Rafael DeJesus, 28, 19129 Marion St., South Bend, was arrested in the 1600 block of Harrison Ridge Lane, Goshen, for resisting arrest at 10:45 a.m., Monday. According to Goshen police, he was driving with a suspended driver’s license and an Elkhart County warrant when he was attempted to be stopped on C.R. 28 for a traffic violation. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
• Manuel Diaz-Murillo, 58, 1921 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police for driving with a suspended license at 3:13 a.m. Tuesday. He was arrested during a traffic stop in the 2300 block of Elkhart Road for failure to signal a lane change.
• According to Goshen police, Norberto Leal-Garcia, 26, Goshen, was arrested for driving with a prior conviction of no operator’s license obtained after he was stopped for speeding at approximately 1:55 p.m. Tuesday.
•Charles Carr, 26, 403 1/2 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested for driving while his license was suspended with a prior conviction within 10 years in the 400 block of E. Jefferson St. Goshen at 5:31 p.m., Tuesday. Carr was released on a memorandum to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Samuel Horning, 18, Goshen, was arrested for possession of marijuana according to Goshen police at the intersection of S. Ninth St. and Jackson St., Goshen, at 8:55 p.m. Monday. Samuel was released with a signed promise to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Stacey Gribbins, 42, of Millersburg, was stopped on Ind. 13 at C.R. 38 for traffic violations at approximately 1:07 a.m., Sunday. According to Elkhart County police, Gribbins was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
• Timothy Roe, 51, of Millersburg, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the area of Jefferson Street and Main Street, Millersburg, at approximately 6:17 p.m. Monday. According to Elkhart County police, he was incarcerated.