THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Noble County man is wanted by Avilla police on a charge of shooting a BB gun at a school bus Tuesday afternoon.
Andrew Martin Thiel, 21, who lives in the 100 block of Old Bog Road, Avilla, reportedly shot a BB gun at a moving East Noble School Corp. school bus near the Cranberry Acres subdivision in Avilla. The shots allegedly damaged two windows.
Police have obtained an arrest warrant for Thiel, according to Noble County Prosecutor Steven Clouse.
“The law enforcement officers involved in this case have done everything to make sure that the community is not at further risk for a similar alleged criminal act,” Clouse said.
He said Thiel was being detained until police could serve the warrant. Thiel will be charged with a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.
Crash injures drivers
Two drivers were transported to Elkhart General Hospital for injuries after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18. The crash occurred at 11:28 a.m. Tuesday according to Elkhart County police.
Betty June Stuart, 87, South Bend, was driving a 1999 Buick Century when she to turned left onto C.R. 18 in front of a 2006 Jeep Commander driven by Barbara R. Brumbaugh, 73, Goshen. Brumbaugh complained of chest and head pain. Stuart complained of chest pain with minor bleeding to her hand and ticketed for failure to yield the right of way.
Two people were injured in a two-car crash at the intersection of Ash and Dunn roads in Osceola according to Elkhart County police. The collision occurred at 10:40 p.m. Tuesday. Richard Metz, 38, Osceola was driving a 2012 Ford Fusion south on Ash Road when he crossed the center line and crashed into the 1995 Ford F150 driven by Ryan Starkweather, 18, Osceola. His passenger, Rebecca Casey, 18, Goshen, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital with complaints of pain in her ribs and left thigh.
Metz was transported to Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka for chest pain and cuts on his hands, legs and forehead and was admitted. No update was available on his condition.
Police are continuing to investigate the cause of the crash.
• Garry Anglemyer, 65584 C.R. 3, Wakarusa, told Elkhart County police someone used his debit card to make an unauthorized purchase of $25 in Georgia sometime Sunday.
• Ricklyn Beach of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole her wallet from New York Buffet, 4542 Elkhart Road, Goshen around 7:30 p.m. Monday.
• Lisa Perez, 157 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized her residence during the evening hours Tuesday.
• Two Fairfield Junior/Senior High School male students, a 15-year-old and 17-year-old, punched each other at the high school at 12:10 p.m. Monday, according to Elkhart County police. One of the males suffered bruising and pain to his head. Officers are continuing the investigation.
False reporting arrests
• Moses Hall, 33, 16315 C.R. 44, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of possession of false government identification at 6:22 p.m. Tuesday. Police said Hall was arrested on a warrant for deportation through Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
• Carla S. Kidd, 51, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police during a traffic stop at Ind. 15, south of U.S. 20 in Goshen on charges of possession of a controlled substance and non-controlled prescriptions and having a warrant for theft at 10:17 p.m. Tuesday. She was incarcerated.
• Matthew Madeyski, 21, 1629 William Henry Lane, Goshen, was stopped by Elkhart County police on Ind. 19, near C.R. 6 for traffic violations at 1:50 a.m. Wednesday. He was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and he was incarcerated at the county jail.
• Steven R. Dittman, 30, 802 Millers Court, Nappanee, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop at Kercher Road and Main Street in Goshen at 10:04 p.m. Tuesday. Dittman was stopped for allegedly driving on the curb, then swerving left of center in the intersection. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Joel D. Easton, 32, 503 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was stopped by Goshen police in the 1100 block of E. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, for speeding and arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated at 1:29 a.m. Wednesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.