Elkhart man faces OWI charge
Jason Franklin, 42, 24384 C.R. 18, Elkhart,was arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:40 p.m. Tuesday on U.S. 33, just south of U.S. 20, Elkhart, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Carolyn Klaus, the executor of an estate at 1333 Chicago Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police the residence was burglarized at approximately 4 p.m. Monday.
• Cynthia Davis, 309 N. Ninth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a drain pipe from her property at around noon Wednesday.
• Maria Rosas, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made unauthorized withdrawals from her bank account between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31.
• Lisa Hails, 2423 Messick Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her driver’s license and two Walmart store cards from her purse sometime within the past week.
• Abel Medina, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made unauthorized withdrawals from his bank account at approximately 8 a.m. Dec. 10.
• Malaina Weldy, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made an unauthorized withdrawal from her bank account Jan. 4.
• Ronald Davidhizar told Elkhart County police a residence he was renovating, 22131 Mississippi Ave., Goshen, was burglarized between 4 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. Tuesday. Davidhizar reported the suspect damaged walls, windows and doors and removed electrical wire from the premises.
• Marvin J. Schmucker told Elkhart County police a Titan Industrial generator was stolen from a job site at 54087 Shadow Hill Lane, Middlebury, on Nov. 10. It was later found at an Elkhart pawn shop and released back to Schmucker.
• Donna Swank, 20551 Ind. 120, Bristol, told Elkhart County police her residence was burglarized between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday. She reported a television and medication were taken. There was no sign of forced entry.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Matthew King, 804 E. Douglas St., Goshen, told Goshen police the driver’s side window on his vehicle was shattered while the vehicle was parked at this residence at approximately 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.