The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• A representative of Goodwill Inc., 1905 Lincolnway East, told Goshen police someone damaged the organization’s drive-through donation roof and stole a sign from the building at 8:56 a.m. Thursday.
• Tonya Cook, 44, 204 E. Donald St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:35 a.m. Thursday at Taco Bell, 701 W. Pike St., after allegedly trying to steal a purse from someone shopping at the Kroger store, 209 Chicago Ave. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Check into Cash, 4024-4 Elkhart Road, at 3:21 p.m. Thursday in reference to a male attempting to cash a stolen check. The man left prior to police arrival.
• Representatives of the Target store, 3938 Midway Road, called Goshen police at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday to report fraudulent travelers’ checks being cashed at the store.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police someone stole a carton of cigarettes from the store at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Douglas Graham, 70270 C.R. 21, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases on his debit card between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Elkhart County police received a report from a 19-year-old Bristol male who indicated he was battered by multiple subjects at a mobile home in the Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 1:57 a.m. Friday. The victim sustained facial injuries and was transported to the Elkhart General Hospital emergency room for treatment.
- Police News
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
- More Police News Headlines
- Poaching probe leads to arrests