The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• A representative of Goodwill Inc., 1905 Lincolnway East, told Goshen police someone damaged the organization’s drive-through donation roof and stole a sign from the building at 8:56 a.m. Thursday.
• Tonya Cook, 44, 204 E. Donald St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:35 a.m. Thursday at Taco Bell, 701 W. Pike St., after allegedly trying to steal a purse from someone shopping at the Kroger store, 209 Chicago Ave. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Check into Cash, 4024-4 Elkhart Road, at 3:21 p.m. Thursday in reference to a male attempting to cash a stolen check. The man left prior to police arrival.
• Representatives of the Target store, 3938 Midway Road, called Goshen police at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday to report fraudulent travelers’ checks being cashed at the store.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police someone stole a carton of cigarettes from the store at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Douglas Graham, 70270 C.R. 21, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases on his debit card between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Elkhart County police received a report from a 19-year-old Bristol male who indicated he was battered by multiple subjects at a mobile home in the Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 1:57 a.m. Friday. The victim sustained facial injuries and was transported to the Elkhart General Hospital emergency room for treatment.
- Police News
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
Man pleads guilty in Twin Pines home invasion
One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
Antoine A. McDuffie, 21, Elkhart, pleaded guilty in Elkhart Circuit Court Monday to Class B felony charges of armed robbery, burglary, criminal confinement and conspiracy to commit burglary.
- Goshen man held on drug-making charge David McNeal, 45, of 16 Roxbury Park, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine following a traffic stop near the intersection of Elkhart and Reliance roads in Goshen Saturday at 9:23 a.m. Police reported he was in possession of ingre
- One jailed after Ind. 15 wreck A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
Man who robbed Bristol bank sentenced
A South Bend man has been sentenced for robbing a Bristol bank as well as a bank in Edwardsburg, Mich., last year.
Darius Witherspoon, 21, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend this week to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release.
- More Police News Headlines