The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• A representative of Goodwill Inc., 1905 Lincolnway East, told Goshen police someone damaged the organization’s drive-through donation roof and stole a sign from the building at 8:56 a.m. Thursday.
• Tonya Cook, 44, 204 E. Donald St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:35 a.m. Thursday at Taco Bell, 701 W. Pike St., after allegedly trying to steal a purse from someone shopping at the Kroger store, 209 Chicago Ave. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Check into Cash, 4024-4 Elkhart Road, at 3:21 p.m. Thursday in reference to a male attempting to cash a stolen check. The man left prior to police arrival.
• Representatives of the Target store, 3938 Midway Road, called Goshen police at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday to report fraudulent travelers’ checks being cashed at the store.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police someone stole a carton of cigarettes from the store at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Douglas Graham, 70270 C.R. 21, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases on his debit card between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Elkhart County police received a report from a 19-year-old Bristol male who indicated he was battered by multiple subjects at a mobile home in the Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 1:57 a.m. Friday. The victim sustained facial injuries and was transported to the Elkhart General Hospital emergency room for treatment.
- Police News
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- Sweepstakes phone scam reported Elkhart County Sheriff’s deputies are receiving multiple reports of a phone scam where the caller reports to be from Publisher’s Clearing House.
- 3 Amish teachers suffer carbon monoxide poisoning but survive Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday. Topeka Fire Chief Stewart Bender says the three teachers lived in the school in a rural area of LaGrange County. Bender told The
Three Amish teachers escape carbon monoxide at school
Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday.
- More Police News Headlines
- Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa